"What? Tumne yaha aane ke liye Sanju se ladayi ki? " He asked not able to even imagine the scenario in his head.

"Haa! " She affirmed.

"I can't believe this! " He shook his head at her childishness.

"Waise tumne aisa kyu kiya? " She asked him.

"Kya kyu kiya? " He asked back looking at her.

"Hamari saza tumne kyu li?" She explained.

"Kyuki in kucch hafton mei maine tumhaare andar woh junoon dekha jo ki bohot rare hota hai aur agar mai tum dono ki saza nahi leta toh colonel tum dono ko nikaal dete academy se!" He told her.

"Tumhaara kaam toh asaan ho jata! Tum toh chahte hi the mujhe nikaalna toh fir? " She enquired.

"Abhi toh bataya ki tumhare junoon ki wajah se kiya! Mai nahi chahta tha ki us namoone Sid ki wajah se tumhe bhi nikaala jaaye! Lekin tum toh yaha aake hi baith gayi mere saath! " He said in mocking tone.

"Sirf 72 hours ki hi toh baat hai, tum mujhe extra classes de dena and i will catch up in no time. " She said making him look at her amused as if they were in school and his lessons after the school would make her catch up the syllabus.

"Accha ab saari misunderstanding clear ho gayi ho toh fresh start kare? " Her voice broke his chain of thoughts.

"Kaise? " He asked the obvious.

"Friends? " She forwarded her hand.

He looked at her face and then at her hand before reluctantly holding her hand with his. Commencement of this atleast would end the seize fire between them.

He was about to say something to her when they heard some foot steps so they fell silent to know who was it outside.

"Mujhe pakka pata hai woh dono andar world War kar rahe honge! Solitary confinement ki bechaari deewarein! " Faizi said as he came to check on the duo.

"Yaha toh shaanti hai, kahi ek dusre ka khoon toh nahi kar diya dono ne?" Faizi muttered making both Karan and Monami laugh silently.

"Faizudin Siddiqui abhi zinda hu mai! Itni asaani se koi maar nahi sakta mujhe! " Karan said loudly for Faizi to hear.

"Aur mujhe bhi! " Monami agreed.

"Tum dono zinda ho aur saath ho! Yeh toh breaking news hai! " He said and ran away while Karan just shook his head at his friend. And before they could interact more, they heard more foot steps.

"Bechaari Monami! #Khadoos Sanjana ne kitna kucch kaha tha usko! " Chitra said carefully tiptoeing with Suman ji.

"Haa aur saza bhi usi ko mil gayi! Suman ji ko bilkul accha nahi laga! " Monami smiled hearing the conversation while Karan stole a glance of her before looking again towards the locked door.

"Aur ab bhi woh #AngryBird Karan Shergill ke saath andar fas gayi! " Chitra said while Karan just rolled his eyes at the silly name he was referred to as. He stood up and walked towards the door followed by her as well.

"Suna maine! Iska jawaab aapko baahar aake dunga mai! " Karan said loudly making the three women gasp and Chitra, Suman ji ran away in fear.

"Woh darr gaye honge!" Monami told him.

"Maine unhe daraane ke liye hi kaha tha! Seriously? Angry bird lagta hu kya mai? " He asked her.

"Ulti khopdi se toh better hi hai! " She retorted back.

He eyed her angrily and was about to lash back when he remembered that they had decided to be friends, just moments back. He had agreed to it so he couldn't back lash at her or disrespect her as he had agreed to be friends with her and he had set some rules in his way of friendship in which disrespecting was a big no.

He sighed before going back to sit on his previous position. She got confused but nevertheless sat back on her original position.

A few hours passed by as both of them dosed off uncomfortably. Her head lied on his shoulder and his lied on her head as they caught up with sleep until they heard a lot of loud foot steps waking them up and making them stood up and being attentive.

"Karan, Monami dono baahar aao!" Mrs. Batra said as faizi opened the door of the Solitary confinement.

"Lekin Mrs. Batra.. " Colonel started but was cut off in between by her.

"Kucch nahi sunungi mai! Kitne pyaare bacche hai dono aur aapne inhe yaha saza di hai!" She said as both Karan and Monami made serious face.

"Lekin.. " He started to explain but was again cut off by her.

" Mujhe bataya sab, Sid ne! Inki zara si hi toh galti thi! Aur insaan hai, galti toh ho hi jati hai! Iska matlab yeh nahi ki aap in dono ko yaha rakhenge! " She said and the colonel relucantly agreed.

Both Monami and Karan came out and the moment they stepped out they were surrounded by the whole gang which had Sid, Sanju, Faizi, Chitra, Koel and some more people. While Colonel and Mrs. Batra left.

"Mam ko toh aaj nahi aana tha toh woh aayi kaise? " Karan asked.

"Agar aap hamari punishment le sakte hai toh mai bhi toh aapki thodi help kar hi sakta hu. Maine mummy ji ko phone karke bulaaya but uske baad pata chala ki monu bhi yaha aagayi! " Sid informed.

"Yo doctorni dil ki acchi ho! Aapko saza lete dekh nahi paayi isliye ham dono woh nakli ladayi karo Sirji! " Sanju piped in as well.

"Nakli? Oh God! " Karan patted his forehead at the girl's craziness.

"Of course we are friends still! " Monami said with a smile to which Sanju smiled back.

Karan was about to say something when Faizi whistled making everyone confused.

"Mere haath mei.. Tera haath ho... Saari jannatei tere saath ho.. " He sang and immediately Karan left Monami's hand which he was holding unconsciously.

"Tum dono ko andar baithe baithe pyaar hogaya kya?" Faizi teased

"Shut up Faizi!! " Karan said seriously but the teasing eyes didn't stop.

"Monu bro tujhe pyaar hogaya tough guy se! Tune bataya nahi! " Sid teased.

"Shut up Sid! Aisa kucch nahi hai! Ham sirf dost bane hai! " She announced.

"Dosti hi toh #Love ka first step hoti hai! " Chitra said while Karan rolled his eyes at the remark.

"Enough! Ab agar kisi ne aur bakwaas ki toh woh kal 50 laps extra karega! " Karan warned not liking the constant teasing eyes. Everyone fell silent on the threat.

"Good! Sab apne apne room mei jao! Aaj ke liye itna drama kaafi tha! " Karan dismissed everyone. The only ones left were, Sanju, Faizi, and Monami.

He was about to walk away with Faizi when Monami stopped him.

"Hmm? " He said turning towards her.

"Good night! " She said softly.

"Uhhh.. Yes good night! " He said with a small smile and left.
______________________________________
Thanks for reading.