"Unless it is you, I got it."

"Good ... and I download games for you on it so play away."

"Thank you, Alice."

I smiled, "You're welcome."

***

"So how was your date with Rafe?" Chey asked as she came up to my desk.

Looking away from my computer screen, I gave her a heavy glare but refused to say a word. She was evil. She had planned it all, I knew that now and was a little peeved. However, I knew if she didn't do what she did Colton and I wouldn't have taken a jump in our relationship. But, whether that is a good thing or not I have yet to determine. One thing was for certain if it damaged our friendship, I would make Chey's life a living hell ... for a day because let's be honest I would end up at her doorstep crying before nightfall.

I shook my head, I wouldn't cry if it came down to it. If what happened at the beach changed our friendship for the worse, I wouldn't shed a tear.

Knowing my words were trenched in falsehood, I continued to keep eye contact with Chey.

"Are you going to speak or just keep staring at me like you don't know if you should kill me or hug me? I prefer the latter if you are taking suggestions."

"Good morning ladies," Colton said as he walked by my desk.

"Well good morning to you too," said Chey with a smile. "How was your weekend?" Chey ask right before he could disappear into his office.

He turned and look at her, then glanced over at me. "Marvelous." His focus was back on Chey when he spoke.

"Marvelous? Never heard you use that terminology. Did you get laid, Sir?"

I was going to die. I was going to find a rock, hide under it and die. "Chey!" I all but shouted out. There wasn't a single part of me that wasn't shock that she just blurted that out. She knew damn well he was with me this weekend, and she seemed to want to know the details. This was her payback for me not talking to her a moment ago. If I didn't give her the answers she was going to embarrass me - in front of him.

"What? I am asking him, not you."

Cole shoved his hands in the front pockets of his suit pants. "I did get laid, Ms. Simmons."

My eyes went wide as saucers. We didn't sleep together. Yes, we made out but we didn't have sex.

"Really?! That is wonderful, I am happy to see that you getting action did take that stick out of your ass."

My cheeks were slowly turning red as a mixture of anger, embarrassment and hurt swallowed me whole. I was angry that they were having this conversation, in front of me to say the least. It was embarrassing because it started off about me and they knew it. However, I was hurt because if he was advertising that he got laid then that means he was with someone else yesterday. If that were the case then him saying that he slept with someone means that he is telling me, secretly, that what happened at the hotel was not real. It was a facade, one I fell for quite easily.

"Yes, it did get the stick out of my ass. So happy you noticed."

"Well, when you walk in the office and knock everything over with the protruding stick day in and day out, it is hard not to notice when it is gone."

Cole smiled, "I want you to meet her, Chey."

Chey.

He said it so casually, as if they were friends and he wanted to introduce his girlfriend. It seemed with passing seconds the boundaries of co-workers had disappeared completely.