2

"So?" Jin Ling places his elbow on the table and his chin on his hand. "How was your 3 days long seclusion?" he asks, his voice sounding sarcastic. He eyes some spilled fresh ink. They might have spilled when Jiang Cheng was rushing to hide the brush and ink.

Jiang Cheng frowns, "What?" He didn't notice the spilled ink.

"I am just thinking how is there spilled ink when you are on seclusion for three days, uncle." he makes a face of thinking deeply, "Although I knew it. But I didn't accept you would leave any evidence. What happened uncle?" he waits for Jiang Cheng to answer.

"Damn it! I didn't notice it! How can I be so careless?!" - he thinks. He clears his throat, "I am also thinking it." he didn't lie though, "And what do you mean by you knew it?!" he frowns, "You should mind your own business. Did something happen since I get into seclusion?" he asks even though he knows everything. His second in command notified him of everything related to Jin Ling. But, besides Jin Ling, he doesn't know anything else.

"Nothing special."

"Hurry and tell me why are you here."

"I just wanted to see you."

"Why?" he raises an eyebrow. Jin Ling can say anything. He hoped for questions about why he is in seclusion and when will he leave. Or some complaints. Or anything, but not this.

"Why are you in seclusion? When will you leave?" he asks.

"Of course to seclude me and be strong." he scoffs.

"And the later?"

"That will depend."

An uncomfortable silence fills between the two.

"Uncle," Jin Ling's face becomes serious as he takes a small purple box out. He opens it and takes a ring- No, Zidian out. Now Jiang Cheng notices Jin Ling was not wearing Zidian, he gave it to Jin Ling, the whole time here.

"Why did you give it to me?" he asks. Zidian was always with Jiang Cheng. Jin Ling never saw Jiang Cheng separate with it except when his spiritual energy was locked and he couldn't use Zidian to protect him and when he left Wei Wuxian tied with Zidian. (A/N: I hope these were the only time Jiang Cheng separated from Zidian in the novel. My brain can't remember things when needed.)

"I won't need Zidian when I am in seclusion. You need to protect yourself when I am not around." Jiang Cheng says like it's a matter of fact. Well, it is.

"But-"

"No buts."

*

*

*

Seclusion. A person doesn't meet with anyone and seclude themselves alone in a place for some time. It helps the person to be strong. But...

Does it count as seclusion if a person does his works in his room and secretly manages his Sect? Meet with his nephew 3 times a week or more sometimes? Prepared to leave the seclusion anytime if his nephew needs help?

Yes, it is if the person is Jiang Cheng.

"Uncle, you were right! The guard took bribes and talk to an elder, instead of telling me, he declined to help! They didn't even tell me anything. If I wasn't there in time, I would have never known." Jin Ling complains, in the previous days, he just complained about the elders. Now he is complaining about the guards.

To be honest, Jiang Cheng is not surprised at all. He expected this to happen sooner.

Jiang Cheng reads the important documents and listens to his nephew's complains, but he never complains about something serious. Oh, yeah, he doesn't stop working now. He used to hide the fact that he still works in seclusion. But he doesn't bother to do that.

Jin Ling suddenly asks, "Uncle, do you ever take a break?" his elbow resting on the table, his chin on his hand. He taps on the table lightly.

"If I have a nephew like you, can I ever take a break?" Jiang Cheng snorts.

Jin Ling starts thinking deeply. "What are you thinking now? Don't give me more trouble." Jiang Cheng flicks on his nephew's forehead.

"I think I should take some of your works," he mutters.

"You can't handle them. Besides, you should not overwork and be sick. What if you made a mistake?" is Jiang Cheng regretting saying that before? Yes, kinda.

"No, I won't! It will help me to gain more experience."

Jiang Cheng rolls his eyes, goes back to reading his documents, "Whatever. You should complete your Sect's work before."

*

*

*

"Hey! Jin Ling!" a familiar voice calls Jin Ling when he is on his way to Lotus Pier after the night hunt.

Jin Ling gets down of his sword. If he ignores Wei Wuxian now, he will regret it later, "Wei Wuxian, what is it?" he asks.

"How was your night hunt?" Wei Wuxian asks curiously. He adds, "I heard you were alone. Was everything alright? Are you hurt?" he checks on him for any injuries.

"It was too easier than the rumors say."

Wei Wuxian laughs, "That's the rule. These rumors are created by general people. It will be scarier in their eyes. I doubted something like this will happen."

Jin Ling will lie if he says he also doubted it and that's why he goes there alone.

"Anyway, I need to go. I am in hurry." Jin Ling says as he gets on Suihua and leaves. His uncle will break his legs this time for sure if he knows about this. He is already late to meet Jiang Cheng. If Jiang Cheng asks him where he was, he may spit the truth out.

*

*

*

"So, do you have anything to say about Jin Ling?" Jiang Cheng asks his second in command after Jin Ling leaves. Jin Ling didn't complain anything much about his Sect elders or his friends. Ok, Jin Ling will disagree if Jiang Cheng calls Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, and Ouyang Zizhen his (JL) friends.

If Jiang Cheng didn't have any insecurities about friends, he would have said Jin Ling to befriend them or be make them his sworn brothers. They are after all (LSZ, LJY, OZZ) are sworn brothers. Everyone knows it.

"Ah. Sect Leader, there's nothing much about Young Master Jin. He was on a night hunt for 3 days." Wu Xinyi says.

"Very well, you may- Wait, tell me everything in details." Jiang Cheng looks up from an important letter. Even though he doesn't write replies, he read them.

Wu Xinyi sighs. He was prepared to give the report.

*

A/N: Press the star aka vote for this chapter if you liked it! >.< This will inspire me a lot. Leave feedback. I am still considering how to add the plot slowly. Now I am regretting not writing a one-shot instead. I have the story planned, just... I have lots of ideas. I have to be careful to not make it so OOC.

⚠️Warning🌪️: My EXAMS are coming! Congratulations! Monthly exam on the way, annual exam after a few days of monthly exam. Hahaha! The school entrance exams are also coming after the annual. Before all of them, my beloved, not annoying at all cousin in a way is coming. I am not going to die at all. Maybe a few scratches on my arm and face? Also maybe some slaps and my hair going to be a mess? Idk. I will be invisible like Hanguang-jun. She will not do anything if I am invisible. I am an expert after all. She will hug my sister's thigh and I will be in peace. Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan, tell me, did something like this happen to you in childhood that traumatized you to be like this? 🤔

Ok, this chapter don't have much words. Only 1k.