The others groan as Sonic sarcastically says, "Great job, Tails."

"I think it's a useful invention," Knuckles says surprisingly enough.

"Thanks, Knuckles!" Tails thanks the echidna who gets up from his seat.

Knuckles walks up to the TV and grabs the antenna. "It makes a great backscratcher," he says and starts scratching his back with the antenna.

"Not bad, Knuckles," comments Sticks.

"Looks like there's another inventor in town!" Sonic says. Knuckles turns to look at him and smiles proudly.

My gaze turns from Knuckles to Tails. It seems he's slightly disappointed by the reaction that is invention got which is completely understandable. "It probably could be a useful invention," I say as I get up from the couch. "Maybe if you toned it down from super to not as super."

"No, it was dumb idea anyways," Tails says.

"No it wasn't," I tell him. He raises his eyebrow and I go on, "Look I need to talk with you. It would probably be better if we go to your workshop."

Only a few moments later, the two of us are entering the workshop. On our way there, I explained Tails what I had in mind. "You want me to help you create a weapon that you can use in battles?" Tails asks as we walk over to one of his workbenches. "Sorry about the mess. Someone broke the window," he says looking over to said window.

"Yeah, umm, firstly... that was me," I tell him. He turns to me confused. "And I'm seriously so sorry about that. I sorta found that bat and tried it... but it slipped and broke the window," I explain. "Secondly, no, I want to help you create a weapon for me."

"Didn't I just say that?" he asks.

"No, in your version you helped me and in mine it was the other way around," I remind him.

"Right. Well, do you have anything in mind? Like, what kind of weapon we're trying to create," Tails says as he takes something out of a drawer.

I look over to the bat lying on the workbench by the window. Using something like that could be easy, but then again, I'm not sure if being the middle of an attack would really be the best way to start. "Maybe something that can give me range. So that I don't have to get too close to the bots or whatever is attacking us."

"Hmm," he hums and opens his notebook. Going through the pages he says, "Maybe something like a gun or a cannon of sorts?"

"Maybe?" I reply. I'm not too sure if I can use a weapon like that but I guess I could always give it a try.

"I have some ideas that I wrote down a long time ago," Tails tells me. "I never created any of these because there hasn't been any use for them." He hands the notebook over to me and I take it from him. There drawn on the pages a several blueprints of different types of weapons. By each of the drawings are several notes telling how said weapon works and what it does. "While you go through those I'm gonna work on this little thing," Tails says referring to one of his inventions.

As Tails continues working on... whatever it is he's working on now, I look through his notebook. Many of the pages are filled with ideas ranging from useful to downright stupid. I mean, what good would a _ be? As I'm once again turning the page from one to another, a familiar voice says, "Hey, fellow inventor!" —and in walks Knuckles.

Tails turns to him surprised as I raise my gaze from his notes. "Knuckles, I'm kinda busy right now," Tails tells the echidna.

"See that light switch over there?" Knuckles says referring to a light switch by one of the workbenches. It doesn't seem like he cares too much about what Tails just said to him. "Sure is far away right?"