Chapter 14

Everything was dark, as Branch stood in the center of a pitch black room, looking around in confusion, having no idea where he was.

"Hello?" he called out, hoping someone would answer and explain what the hair was going on, but there was nothing around him but darkness. Pure and utter black... "Poppy!?" he yelled, but there was no answer. The only sound that came to his ears was the slight echo of his own voice. 'Poppy... Poppy... Poppy... Poppy...'

Slowly, he took a step forewords, looking around in confusion to hopefully find a way out of this strange place and back to his home.

     Strangely, he couldn't remember a thing after he had asked Poppy out on their first date... What had happened? Where was he?

     "Hel... oof!"

     He stumbled back a bit, as he suddenly bumped into an invisible wall, rubbing his nose in confusion, as he looked ahead of himself, still seeing nothing but pitch blackness all around him.

     It didn't hurt, but it was definitely a strange feeling... almost as if there were some sort of force in front of him, letting him know he couldn't go that way...

     "What the..." he muttered softly to himself, immediately turning around to go in the opposite direction. There had to be a way out of here... right? "Ow!"

     Again... he stumbled back a bit, blinking in confusion as he hit yet another wall. What the hair was going on!?

     Quickly, he began feeling the air all around himself, immediately realizing that invisible walls were surrounding him on all four sides, causing the little blue troll to panic, his heart racing wildly in his chest. He was trapped!

     "Help!" he cried out in terror, pounding viciously on the invisible walls surrounding him, trying desperately to break free. "Someone, help! Poppy!"

     Suddenly, a strange feeling overtook his whole body. A feeling as if he was suddenly as light as air...

     "What the..." he muttered softly to himself, still completely terrified as he looked down at his feet, realizing he was slowly floating up off the ground and into the air.

     His eyes widened in horror as he looked down at the ground getting farther and farther away from him.

"W... whoa..." he stuttered, startled by the sudden weightlessness, as he floated up through the blackness above him. "Wha... what's happening!?"

He tried desperately to get his feet back onto the ground, but instead of going down, he suddenly shot up into the air at top speed.

     "AHHHHH!" he screamed out in pure trrror, soaring up into the sky uncontrollably. "Help!"

     Billions of colors suddenly lit up all around the terrified troll, some of the lights forming together to create pictures from moments in his life.