From Strangers

by seekerluv
started on: Oct 16, 2021
published on: Nov 7, 2021
words: 4500

disclaimer: i haven't proof read nor have i edited, i will do it later, so please call me out on any grammar or spelling mistakes!

https://discord.gg/egSjv2AqJq
join my discord
__

sTRAINgers

Strangers are an odd concept. Parents always tell us, don't talk to strangers, but if we don't, then how will we ever meet people? Make friends? Form connections that could last a lifetime? So what is so bad about speaking to strangers?

Perhaps it's the running fact that they could harm you. Could kidnap you or worst case scenario, kill you.

But your best friend that you met at school has turned out pretty decent. And as far as we know they're not murders who want to eat humans.

So back to the main question.

What is so bad about speaking to strangers?

To Dream it's the fact that, the stranger he happen to meet, is a criminal. A robber. A mugger. A person who steals.

Because this stranger, the one he met in New York, in an empty train subway station, late at night, stole his heart.

And the odd part of it all is Dream wants him to keep it.

Let's back track a bit though, understand the concept of this loving stranger he met.

Tuesday Night - Manhattan, New York, 12:09AM

"Shit shit shit shit!" Dream curses under his breath as he runs down the crowded sidewalk of Manhattan. He was running late to the subway. The train would pass any minute now and if he misses this round he'll have to wait a good thirty minutes before it passes again.

This is why he hates coming to Manhattan.

It's the city that never sleeps.

The constant bright lights that shine from times square, to the further out you go. The tall buildings never seem to just turn off. But today he had an intern opportunity to write his own book. And he had to come down to the city.

He personally lived in Queens, New York. A much more different ambiance then Manhattan but still, the neighborhoods never were silent.

New York, will always just never not be loud.

He bumped into a few people as his trench coat followed behind him. He apologized briefly as he ran to the stairs that led down into subway stations.