The TV is black at first, but then we see it's some training room, and my dad, or Captain Power, fighting some big robot.  He looks like a red and black Superman.  He manages to dodge the first 2 strikes, the robot hits his right arm. He super-sped in front of it and uses his freeze breath to blow the robot away. This left no impact and when dad tries to fly to super punch it, the robot quickly intercepts. The hit knocks dad into the wall, the had dad cornered ready to end him.

Then, a woman looking like Marvel's Enchantress flew in, her hands generating green energy balls with green vapor, like mine, but only green.  "Is that mom?"  I ask Uncle Dennis.  He nods his head and my waters become filled with water.  He quickly wraps his arm around me and I lean in his chest.

My mom raises her green glowing hands, she picks up some debris on the ground and tries to crush the robots with it, but the robot is unfazed.  She then lets out a long-lasting beam of psionic energy melting into the robot's core, shutting it down, and as she pulled her hands apart, the robot was ripped in half, cool.  "You always need me to save you?"  She smirks toward my dad flying down to my dad. 

"I love it when you do" my dad smiles giving her a kiss.

"Can we not do this while I'm holding the camera?"  The man behind the Camera says, making my parents laugh.

"Who's the guy recording?"  Ash ask.

"Your dad" Aunt Debby giggles.

Hours pass and we watch all the tapes of my parents, watching them kick butt and learning more about their powers and what they can do.  It's late at night, but I'm not tired, I just wanna learn more about them.

"We should get to bed now," Aunt Debby says

We're all about to get up, but I stay where I am.  Uncle Dennis walks back to me and grabs my arm.  "You okay?"  He asks.

"I wanna be like mom and dad" I blurt out.  "I wanna learn how to control my powers and use them to help people, I bet Ricky, Nini, and Gina do, too.  It's like you said, you've been helping other kids, maybe we can bring superheroes back, please?"

He looks at me shocked at what I just said.  There's a moment of silence before he speaks.

"EJ, I know you wanna be like your parents, but we already lost them, I can't lose you too, let alone your other friends."

"But please-"

"I'm sorry EJ, but my answer is no."

I'm not about to give up, I jump up from the couch as he reaches the stairs.

"Please, I wanna feel connected to mom and dad."

As soon as I say that, he freezes in place and looks at me.

"When my parents died, I felt like I lost them forever, and me feeling like I don't belong just amplified, I've never felt connected to them.  But now that I know they were heroes, and that explosion gave me these powers, I just feel something that wasn't there before, and I want that feeling to keep going."

He doesn't say anything, he just looks at the floor, unsure of what to say.  I just walk past him and go to my room, sitting on my bed, I should've known he would say no, why would I even ask.  I just wanna be like my dad, that's what we both wanted.

Then I hear a knock on my door.  "Come in," I say.  Uncle Dennis walks in with a sad smile on his face.  He sits on my bed next to me.

"I understand you wanna be like your dad.  I can't imagine what your going through, to have that weight on your shoulder, and I want you to reach your best self.  So, if your friends want to, I'll teach you how to use your powers and train you to become superheroes."

"Really?"  I ask excitingly.

"Yeah, but if you want to be a superhero, I'm gonna train you and your parents the same way I train all superheroes.  We'll have to wake up very early, practice for a long amount of time.  Is that good?"

I nod my head at him.  "I'll talk to the others."

He smiles and ruffles my hair.  "Hey, uh, is it okay if I take the car out for a drive, just to clear my head?"  I ask him.  "Don't be out too late, sport" he nods his head.  Before I leave my room, I give him one more hug.  "Thank you for telling me everything" I smile.

"I love you, son" he squeezes me.  He might not be my dad, but I sure do love him like one.

Here, EJ finally knows more about his parents.  So the scene with his parents was inspired by Mr. Incredible's first fight with the Omnidroid.  So, not to spoil anything, but the next chapter will either hate me, hate Ricky's mom, or just hate both of us, sorry not sorry.  I can't for you to see the next chapter, for both good and bad reasons.  Stay safe and have a good day or night, wherever you are.