➵ Chapter 6 Relief

"A short-lived relief is a relief nonetheless."

•••

Fiddling with the hem of the cardigan she's got on, [Name] quietly walked behind Draken. Originally, she was on her way to meet up with Baji but halfway through her walk, she stumbled into the tall male.

It's been a week since the whole occasion started and although the members have stopped fighting, Draken and Mikey were still giving each other the cold shoulder.

As she mulled over the best approach to talk with him about the matter at hand, he opened his mouth to speak first. "Are you goin' to just follow me around all day?"

"Hmm? It's not been five minutes..." she muttered. "Anyway, where are you off to?"

"I'm going to visit Takemitchy at his house," he replied as he eyed her from the corner of his eye. "You wanna come along?"

Humming as she glanced at her watch contemplatively, she lightly shook her head. "Nah, I'll pass. I've got another plan."

"Another plan? You got a date or something?" Draken asked with mock suspicion as a grin crossed his face.

"Wha— where does that even come from?"

With a somewhat mysterious smile plastered on his face, the male shrugged. "Just my wild guess."

"Now, what's that supposed to mean?" This time it was her turn to look at him suspiciously and then waved her hand toward him with an exasperated sigh. "Enough with the nonsense. Draken, you really need to talk it out with Mikey—"

"Don't speak of his name," he cut her off short with a scowl and she halted on her step, a little taken aback.

"Damn, alright then."

He didn't even want to hear his name let alone speak to him! She wished a miracle would happen and they're back to normal again at this point.

A moment later, she heard Draken sigh before he also stopped on his track and turned to look at her. "By the way, [Name]. You looked over the members, thank you for that."

"Of course," she responded quietly with a soft exhale. "It's my job."

The vice-leader nodded his head silently, patting her shoulder with a small smile, and for a second, it looked almost apologetic but then he continued to walk ahead of her before she could fully think of it.

After standing there for a while as he walked away, she took a different route to resume her journey to the location Baji had told her in the call and found herself stopping in front of a café. She momentarily lifted her head to gaze at the establishment's name to make sure it was the right one before pushing the door open and making her way inside.

Her eyes wandered around the place, the café wasn't occupied by many customers so it was easy for her to spot her long black-haired friend. Baji was sitting at the corner seat beside the window, deeply engrossed on his phone. She strode to his table and paused in front of him, lightly rapping her knuckles against the table to get his attention.

He raised his head upon the sudden sound, his face split into a grin when he saw that it was her who had pulled his concentration away from the device in his hand.

"Sorry if I'm late. Have you been waiting long?" [Name] asked after plopping herself on the seat opposite him.

"Nope," he gave a breezy reply and tucked his phone away in his pocket. "I just arrived no more than five minutes ago."

"Is that so," her eyes once again drifted across the café absently as she spoke before flitted back to the male in front of her. "So? What is it that you wanted to tell me?"