Naoto // Before Us [ 2 ]

Start from the beginning

"I have something more important to focus on than having a friend." He coldly said and walked ahead.

"Snob," I whispered to myself and smiled. "But still, I want to be his friend."

Days go by and I try to at least, greet him every time we see each other in the hallway. or sometimes, I try to start a conversation with him. But every time I do that he always shut me off.

"Hey! Do you want to work on another assignment Prof Kimura gave us? I got the set E, what do you got?"

"Are you not tired of talking to me every day?"

"Ugh, no? By the way, your presentation earlier was so good! I bet you'll be a very good detective after we graduate. Your deduction skills are excellent. You're like L from death note. have you watched that? It's an Anime but L's critical thinking is sooo good-" I got stunned and immediately halted when he held my forehead. Heat travels from his hand to my body. My heartbeat race and I can't explain why.

"Look where you're going." He coldly said, making me snap out of my fantasy about him.

"Huh?"

He removed his hands from my forehead and pointed something in front of me. I turned my head to see what it was and there was a sign. If he didn't stop me, I'll be going to hit them.

"T-Thank you," I said with my eyes wide open. He didn't respond and just continued to walk. I was left there, stunned while unconsciously holding my forehead. Something sparks in me and that's when I realized that...

"Shit, I think I like him."

★ ☾ ★ ☾ ★

I, who believes that if you want something, do something or it will not progress. confessed to him the next day after I confirmed my feelings for him.

"No."

"What? That quick? Aren't you gonna say, Let me think about it and pause for let say, five seconds before answering?"

"No. I immediately know my answer so, why think?"

"Ouch! Your words."

"I told you countless times. I don't have time for something like this." He said, wrinkling his eyebrows. I tiptoed and massaged his brows.

"You're only twenty! You'll get pre-mature wrinkles if you keep wrinkling your eyebrows!"

He didn't answer and took a step back. "If that's all you're going to say, I'll go back to the library." He said and I just watched him walk away. As I plan on how I will deal with my first rejection, I saw his ears turning red. I instantly felt hope, He reacted! and He's blushing!

"I won't give up!" I shouted.

★ ☾ ★ ☾ ★

Three years have passed with two more rejections from him and I'm still here, standing. We're at our last year in college and there's progress, I guess, He's now talking to me first though it's all about the case. he's asking for my input about it, which is good but a slow start, right?

"What? You're still into Tachibana?" Akari said as she drank her iced tea.

"It's been four years! and you got rejected two times."

"Three." I corrected her.

"Girl! You really have a long patience." Audrey said.

"Well, if you love someone. Wait for them."

"What if that someone doesn't like you? obviously, Tachibana doesn't like you! He rejected you." Audrey massages her temples. "You know what? come with us to the next mixer so you can meet other dudes, some law students asked us."