chap 17

"THANKS for dropping me off." You uttered in a bored tone, making Mitsuya wonder why, but he returned a smile.

"Mitsuya! How'd it went? Your talk with Taiju." Mikey appeared from behind. He looked at your side earning an eye roll. Stomping away from them. "She still hasn't talked to me."

"Cut her some slack, you kicked her out." Mitsuya scratched the back of his head, explaining maturely. 

"Well, she needs to be protected. I can't let her be near danger i.e., gangs and delinquents." Mikey insisted, while shaking his head.

"Speaking of danger..." Mitsuya looked at your disappearing figure before telling your brother something. Until he saw that you are far enough. "Y/n... She has connections with the Haitani Brothers. I think they are making her do something for them. They went to talk with Taiju Shiba too, asking about the 8th and 9th Generation of the Black Dragons."

Mikey narrowed his eyes at the information. 

"Do you really think that removing her from Toman will be the best decision to protect her?" Mitsuya added.

The other was left dumbfounded. Questioning himself, after realizing that he do have a point. But above everything else, he is also wondering how she knew those dangerous guys.

"I'll think about it." Were the only words he can make to relieve himself.

"Now, are we going to meet Yuzuha?" Asked by Mitsuya. Mikey nodded. The two rode Mitsuya's Impulse to their destination.

Outside the apartment building, Yuzuha waited. Hopping off the bike, Mitsuya approached the downed girl.  Mikey was left eating his taiyaki.

"I spoke with Taiju today." He informed to the girl who's holding her elbow.

"I know." She flicked her hair that is covering her face. "... Taiju has connections with wealthy people. When they have trouble, the Black Dragons lend their military power and get tons of cash as a reward. I was the collector. I was freed from that role. Thanks to you, Mitsuya."

Mikey listened to the two without interest. Mitsuya shed sweat. "What's with that attitude?! After Hakkai tried his best for..." He was cut off.

"Tried his best?! You convinced him to do it, didn't you?!" Yuzuha suddenly burst out stepping closer to Mitsuya's face. The latter was startled. "Hakkai... Why did you...?"

"Don't be stupid. Hakkai's a lot stronger than you think." Mitsuya advised.

Yuzuha turned her back. "Thanks, Mitsuya." She almost whispered. "But... That expectation... Has caused a lot of pain before." Then, she left.

The two guys left with unsatisfied emotions. "... What the hell is Yuzuha hiding?" Mitsuya opened up. "Thinking back on it, our truce with Black Dragons... Was made way too easily. Right, Mikey?"

The one he is talking to isjust looking at the road with unreadable expression, like he is lost to his own thoughts. "Stop for a sec, Mitsuya." He finally spoke, hopping off. This time, it was Mitsuya who was left at the bike.

"Mikey, what's up?" He wondered.

"We're to more than half now... Of the founding members." Mikey smile at Mitsuya painfully. "I dunno where I'm trying to get anymore. Forget about the Black Dragons." The usual way of Mikey, smiling through the pain. "Mitsuya, don't you go disappearing on me!!"

"Yeah. I promised."

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

Needing someone to talk to, you contacted Akari to meet the next day.