𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐃𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃

prologue

arriving at the large field next to the forest, you notice the encampment where the yuan's highest officials are waiting for you. the emperor, in particular, who invited you and your people to hunt.
you hop off your horse after it has come to a standstill, bowing respectfully. your presence was frigid enough to give anyone the shivers.

"i apologize for the delay, your majesty," you said as you looked around at everyone who appeared to be waiting for your arrival. taragai stares at you with a tiny smirk on his face, the smirk you despise seeing. "don't worry," he said cockily, "we had to wait for our greatest hunter." taragai added as if he new you well.

you retained a serious expression on your face not responding you look at nayoung, who stood by taragai. your blood started to boil just by seeing her stand next to taragai. despite your desire to harm nayoung, you remained composed and did not allow your emotions to take control. nayoung gulps feeling your scary gaze on her. remembering everyone is watching you returned your gaze to taragai.

anyone might detect your shift in attitude, and khada, at the very least, picked up on it. "it's a pleasure that you thought of inviting us, your majesty," you finally said, a tiny grin on your face, "how could i not invite you?" "i know how much of a hunter you are," taragai stated firmly.

while you two chatted for a brief moment, the rest stood by and watched waiting patiently to start the hunt.
"let's see how good your hunting abilities are," taragai stated as he finally parted ways leaving first as the emperor.

while you watch taragai and nayoung leave on their horses, khada kept a close eye on you. he could already tell what your motivations were for attending the hunt. to him, it was self-evident. you've planned a risky maneuver. but khada didn't seem to be the only one who got the hint; taltal was discreetly watching you as well. observing how, as soon as you mounted your horse, you returned your gaze to your men before turning away heading the opposite direction as the emperor and empress. your ears were filled with the sound of your horse walking on the crunchy leaves. even though you rode the horse with such assurance, your heart felt as if it was about to fall under the weight of all the many emotions you were experiencing. you yanked the rope back, bringing your horse to a halt.

after spotting a boar, yesun knelt down and prepared his bow and arrow. khada followed behind him. he stood alone behind yesun, pondering. he was concerned about your risky scheme for whatever reason. he sought to dismiss the idea, claiming that he might be misinterpreting your intentions. "are you thinking about something, khada?" yesun interrupted his thoughts and said, "you look worried"
khada could hardly deny that he wasn't concerned, yesun knows his expressions well. "you keep missing the target," khada lied, changing the tone to one that was far less serious. yesun gives khada a brief glance before chuckling a little at his remark.

you took a deep breath and hopped off from your horseㅡ standing in front of your men, who were waiting for your command. before giving your signal to your soldiers, your eyes searched the woodland. you made certain that no one was present.

after giving the command, jeongyeol observed as the chongson men dispersed, leaving you and him alone. the wind was howling, making the silence seem deafening. even though your back was to him, jeongyeol kept his gaze on you. you were both at peace and anxious in the silence.

finally, you twisted your heel to look jeongyeol in the eyes. you can see he was worried about your rebellious intention by his expression. if you fail, your strategy could put your life in jeopardy. but none of that mattered to you as long as you got your revenge.