1

You stood in front of the old horrible building you've been living for the last two years.

It was finally happening, you were leaving that hell.

"Is everything alright honey?" Regina said kindly as she placed her hand on your back. She was smiling widly and you were able to see how white her teeth were. Her eyes were brown and shining with unshed tears. She was as happy as you were, if not more.

"Yes Miss Mills, everything's ok" you replied and returned the smile. You knew that she was about to become your new family, but you weren't used to call her by her first name yet.

"Please call me Regina, or Gina is good as well" she said with a chuckle and you realized how beautiful she really was.

The first time you saw her, 3 months and 17 days before, she was skinnier and she had dark eyebags under her eyes. Her skin had a pale white color, which almost look grey.

On your first encounter she was wearing a total black outfit and that didn't help to make her look healthier.

Now she was glowing.

Her hair was a pitch black, her eyeshadow was light and her lips were painted in red. Her cheeks were rosy with life and her smile was wide as it's never been.

You smiled at that.

She was this happy because of you...or at least a little part of you hoped.

"It's really happening" you murmured under your breath as Regina helped you putting your bag in her trunk.

"What did you say sweetheart?" she asked as she closed the trunk and fixed a little your black beanie on your head. It wasn't a particularly cold day - actually it was pretty  warm for being an Autumn - but, since you weren't able to take care of your hair properly in the foster homes you've been, you preferred keeping your hair covered.

"It's really happening, I'm leaving for good" you repeateded as a tear rolled down your cheek. Regina placed her hand on your cheek and wiped the tear away with her thumb. Her hand was so soft and her touch was so gentle.

"Yes y/n darling, it's really happening" she said excitedly and placed a kiss on your forehead. That tiny gesture made your heart explode with joy.

You both got in the car and drove away.

*****

"You can take a nap if you want darling, the trip to Storybrooke is pretty long" Regina said as she scratched your head lovingly.

"3 hours and 37 minutes to be precise" you replied and you started to giggle as Regina looked at you with a fake shocked expression.

Well, maybe she was a little shocked at what you just said, but she exaggerated to make you laugh.

"Yes, indeed we will be driving for 3 hours and 37 minutes" she said with a smile as she looked at the road ahead of you. It was rather busy for being a Sunday morning.

Your appointment with Regina was at 8.30 am, but you stayed up all night. You were all steamed about finally leaving with her.

"So tell me, what else do you know about Storybrooke?" she asked curiously.

"Well, I know that there are about 7 thousands citizens and it's pretty famous for its wine production. That's all I could find" you replied with a smile.

"That's correct y/n. Could you pass me my bad please?" she asked and you obliged.

You stretched your arm and reached her bag in the backseat, then put it on your lap waiting for her to give you further instructions.