"Wasn't there supposed to be a meeting? How come..." I stopped abruptly and gaped at the newcomer as if she was an alien sprouting from the ground. "Cheshir! Y-You... Why are y-you here?" I stuttered, all to Cheshir's utter amusement.

She chuckled and raised a hand holding a bag, dangling it in the air.

"I brought goodies. Won't you let me inside?"

Without a word, I stepped aside and made room for her to enter.

"Were you perhaps expecting someone else?" Cheshir questioned, a mischievous glint appearing behind her rimless glasses.

"No. What makes you say that?" I looked away, avoiding her meaningful gaze.

"Oh, is that so? Then who were you about to rebuke so terribly when you opened the door? Could it be..." a devious grin spread on her face. "You're waiting for Jisoo?"

I felt a jolt of surprise and my breath caught in my throat. I had been found out. If Cheshir knew how often Jisoo came over, or that we had gotten closer over the past few weeks, I would never hear the end of it. Therefore, I had to try on a new profession: acting.

"Don't speak nonsense. Why would I wait for her? Today is not a meeting day with my editor." I tried to keep my voice steady and my expression calm. Yes, very natural indeed. At this rate I might appear as a cameo in Snowdrop.

"Hmm, alright. If you say so." Cheshir eventually decided to be merciful and spare me. She turned towards the bag and fished out a box of cookies. "I received these from a client on my way here. Let's eat them!" She said excitedly.

"You know I don't like sweets." I decided to burst her bubble. Though the cookies looked delicious, I never had a sweet tooth.

"But I like them." She ignored me and shoved an entire cookie in her mouth. After she finally swallowed it, Cheshir glanced around and asked pointedly. "Where is Leo? I don't see him around."

"He knew you were coming, so he hid himself." I lied without batting an eye.

"How cold! Both cat and owner are so mean to me. Why is that?"

"Because we disliked you profoundly." I decided to continue to pour cold water over her head.

"Tsk. And here I am calling you friend."

"No one asked you for that."

During our banter, Cheshir had advanced towards the living room. She took a seat at the table, continuing to munch on her cookies.

"Want some tea with those?" I asked heading towards the kitchen.

"Ooh, first you allowed me entry in your sanctuary, now you are offering me tea. I feel like I am being spoiled by you today. Thank you Lisa-ahhh~~~!"

"Haven't I told you to stop with that creepy tone?" I grumbled.

When we both had a teacup in hand, we settled down on the sofa.

"So, what's the purpose of your visit? Wasn't there a meeting at the company today?" I asked, taking a small sip of tea.

"Oh, how do you know about that?" Cheshir asked, this time without any of her former playfulness.

"Jisoo called me last night and told me about it." I replied calmly.

"As I thought. You two have gotten quite close." Cheshir smiled, a tiny spark of amusement flashing in her eyes. It made even her glasses glitter. "I am glad to know that. She is a good kid."