Chapter 11

"Holding onto the resentment you feel for a person that had hurt you is letting a person, whom you despise, occupy a portion in your mind forever. Confront them and forget them. They aren't worth forgiving."

"Decide for yourself what it means to be happy." -BTS 'Lights'

'See them again.'

October 4, 2020

Sunghoon looks at Sunoo with a concerned expression as he makes a drink. Since the moment he saw Sunoo at the kitchen, preparing breakfast, he could tell that Sunoo wasn't at his best today. He only gave him small smiles or stayed with a blank face and when they talked he responded with dry, shortened responses. When he got to work, he asked Jaemin if they could switch roles for the day leaving him even more suspicious; it left Sunoo as barista and Jaemin as the one in charge of the cash register/.

He felt worried as to why Sunoo was acting like that. He looks at his phone, tapping it so that the screen turns on, 5:23, the time showed. Once he was done checking, he looks back up at Sunoo. It broke his heart seeing him this gloomy. He wanted to just go up, hug him, and make him feel better.

With a sigh, he decides to go up to the cash register, "Jaemin-ssi," when he gets the older's attention he continues, "Could I talk to your manager?" Jaemin gives him a confused expression but nonetheless, nods his head before leading him into the staff room.

Jaemin knocks onto the labeled door. After hearing a 'Come in!' he opens the door. "Donghyuk, this is Park Sunghoon, Jisung and Sunoo's friend, he wants to speak to you."

Donghyuk after looking up from his paperwork, smiles, and nods, "Okay, go back to work now Jaemin." Jaemin nods, giving a smile to both of them before retreating to his position at the cash register.

"You can sit down," Donghyuk says with a wide smile, gesturing towards the seat in front of him to the boy who was still awkwardly standing in front of the closed door. As soon as Sunghoon sits down, he asks, "What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Um... I wanted to ask if you could give Sunoo the rest of the day off. I know that I am in no position to ask for this, but as his friend, I'm noticing that today he has been a little off," he explains.

Donghyuk furrows his eyebrows, "I noticed too. As his boss, I didn't know if I was in the position to ask but I really care about the employees here, as their manager. I would like to give him the day off but since this is work, he would need to cover the 3 hours he would be missing another time."

Sunghoon's eyes brighten, "Can I possibly cover those three hours on um Thursday?" He asks after thinking when he would have the time.

The older hums, "Yes, covering for him is allowed."

Sunghoon smiles, "Thank you so much. I'll be coming on Thursday, please just don't tell Sunoo of this conversation. All he has to know is that you're giving him the rest of the day off, please?"

The other nods, "Sure... Just one condition, you better figure out what's going on with him and make him feel better before tomorrow. I want my sunshine employee well again."

"Don't worry Donghyuk-ssi, I will do the best I can to get his spirits up."

A couple of more words were exchanged before Sunghoon steps out of the office, out of the staff room, and back into the cafe. He glances at Sunoo who still had the same serious, gloomed expression as before on his face.

He stays in place for second thinking about how he should approach Sunoo before actually stepping towards him. "Sun," he calls out, tapping the younger boy's shoulder.