Thinking about this, I suddenly obtained a new determination. This life of hurt and pain had to stop, for both of us. It was time to be free from our fears, to break the shackles and fly out into the world. Just like a caged bird who had been freed from its prison, we had the chance to live freely and openly. It was the first time since I had woken up from the coma that I was feeling this confident.

Brimming with newfound hope, I stared into Siwon's eyes, wanting to convey my feelings and help him obtain the same liberation from the past that I just had.

"You have chained yourself for far too long, Siwon-nim. It is time to stop now. The accident was not your fault, nor was anything that happened in my life afterwards. From now on, you should live your life the way you want to."

"I want to live it with you."

"That's not possible." I said curtly. "We can be friends, at most. But anything more than that, is not possible."

"Why is that?"

"Because I already have someone I like."

"So blunt and honest." Siwon smiled sadly.

"It's nothing short of what I have promised."

"Indeed, you've always been this honest with me." He stopped for a moment then continued.

"Is it Lisa?"

I paused, staring into his eyes. After a moment, I gathered my courage and replied resolutely.

"Yes. I like Lisa."

"I see. And does she like you in return?"

"That... I don't know." I finished after a split second of hesitation.

It was true that I haven't heard about Lisa's feelings yet. But that didn't matter. What mattered was what my own feelings were and they were clearly leaning towards Lisa. Therefore, I raised my head as if to defy anyone who would dare to doubt me.

"I like her, regardless of whether she likes me back or not."

"Such resolution." Siwon sighed, brushing a hand through his hair. He seemed tired, but his casual gesture still looked elegant. "Well then, I can only wish you good luck with those feelings. Though, I might continue stalking you from time to time, so be prepared."

"Siwon-nim, I am fighting the urge to call you creepy."

Instead of feeling insulted, Siwon seemed amused by my frankness. He laughed heartily, his whole body shaking.

"Goodbye, Irene-ssi. I'll see you around." He said, stretching out a hand towards me.

"Nae. See you around." I replied, clasping his hand.

During this handshake I was able to hear his true parting words. It was probably the closure he needed in order to move on.

I love you, Irene. You will always be my one and only love at first sight.

This time I didn't feel flustered or embarrassed. All those times when I had been muddlehead were long gone. It was time to face people's feelings, as well as my own. My fingers tightened around his hand.

"Yeah. I know. Thank you for your feelings, Siwon-nim."

After this meeting with Siwon ended, I could feel the knot inside my heart slowly loosening. Surely, this was a new beginning, for us both.