Animals and the Outdoors

The Great Blueberry

Once upon a time there was a bear that lived in the woods. He was named Beary. Beary smiled as he neared his pumpkin patch because he likes pumpkins. Beary likes to make pumpkin pie. So with pumpkins in his hands, he walked back to his cave.

On his way home, he met scary Gary. Gary is a badger. He looks scary because he is black and white, but really he is nice. Scary Gary told Beary that there was a storm coming, and that Sally Squirrel needed help picking her blueberries. So Beary ran over to Sally's tree.

When he got there, he saw Sally sitting on a stump waiting for him. Together they started picking blueberries. The clouds started growing and getting darker. They were almost done when they saw it a huge blueberry. It was so huge that they picked it and just let it sit. The storm was here, so Beary stayed with Sally. The storm did not last long, so Beary went back to his cave.

Beary discovered that his cave fell down in the storm. Beary was sad, so he went back to Sally's.

When Beary got back to Sally's, he discovered a door in the huge blueberry. Beary crawled inside, and found Sally! She turned the blueberry into a house. Beary told her about how his cave fell in the storm. Sally had a great idea! Beary could live in the blueberry!

Beary really liked the blueberry, so he lived happily ever after.

The Sand Whale

Once upon a time there lived a happy little whale named Willy. Willy lived with his parents in a cave in the ocean.

One day, he was playing with his friend Sammy Sea Slug when a huge wave came and knocked Willy on the beach. Sammy didn't know what to do, so he ran away looking for help. All at once, out of the ocean came Marty the Magical Magic Merman! Marty the Magical Magic Merman knew exactly what to do. First he started a fire. Second he put Willy on top of it. Next he waited until Willy was golden brown. And finally he cut Willy up into little pieces and ate him. When Marty the Magical Magic Merman put a piece of Willy into his mouth, he spit it out because it was covered with sand. Marty the Magical Magic Merman was very disappointed, because he didn't want to eat a sand whale! So he just left Willy for the Seagulls. When Sammy got back, he didn't see Willy, just a bunch of bones.

The Tail Tree

Once upon a time lived a happy little chipmunk. He was named Chunky. Chunky lived with his friend Sherm inside a tree in the big forest. One day while playing climb the tree, Chunky got his tail caught on a branch, and was dangling in the air. Sherm raced away to Sammy Skunk's log. Sammy Skunk was asleep inside so Sherm grabbed his leg and dragged him back to the tree where Chunky was still hanging. Sammy knew exactly what to do. He raced up the tree, went out on the branch and bit off most of Chunky's tail. Sammy thought that Chunky would land on his feet, but Chunky landed on his head and died. Sammy felt really bad, so he went home and back to sleep.

To this day Chunky's tail can still be found on the tree that he fell off of.

The Albino Polar Bear

Once upon a time there lived an albino polar bear named Bilbo. Bilbo lived by himself on a rock on the sandy shore of Polar Bear Bay because none of the other bears liked him since he was albino. His only friend was Sabrina Seal. Bilbo didn't like the other bears because they made fun of him.

One day he was playing with Sabrina when a group of polar bears walked by. They started laughing at him, so Bilbo and Sabrina jumped in the water and swam out to a little island. The group of bears jumped into the water and started to swim to the island where Sabrina and Bilbo were! Then out of nowhere a huge killer whale jumped out of the water and ate the polar bears. This made Bilbo feel happy.

The next day, all of the polar bears on the island came to see Bilbo. They were going to put him in jail because they thought that he killed the other polar bears. But on the way back to Polar City, another killer whale jumped out of the water and landed on the beach. All of the polar bears started laughing at him except Bilbo. All of the sudden wings came out of the whale's back and he started to fly. The killer whale ate all of the polar bears that laughed at him, but left Bilbo.

"You are now the king of the polar bears," said the whale.

The whale gave a crown to Bilbo. Bilbo was super happy! Now he could laugh at the other polar bears.

Bilbo never got laughed at again, and he lived happily ever after.

The Great Flood

Once upon a time there was a hippo named Henry. Henry was the fattest hippo in the land. Henry was almost the leader of the hippos, but he lost the election because a crocodile ate three of his followers.

One day, he was by the river with his hippo herd when all of the sudden a pride of lions came running at them. Henry knew exactly what to do. He told all of the hippos to run to the forest to safety. When the hippos all started running, Henry just sat and watched them. He knew that the loins would be trying to catch them so much, that they would just let him be. Henry was wrong! The lions let all the other hippos go, and went straight for him! Henry quickly jumped in to the river. This made a huge wave that was hundreds of feet tall. The wave quickly spread through the delta and caused a flash flood. This flood though caused everything around him to get swept away miles down river, even the lions.

For the rest of his life, Henry lived alone and happily ever after.

The Turkey in the Store

Once upon a time there lived three turkeys that lived in the sewers of New York City. The three turkeys were brothers and lived to play turkey in the middle. One time while playing, Thomas, the younger brother saw something in the water. It was a crocodile! It came straight for the three turkeys, and Thomas tripped his other brothers and ran as fast as he could out of the sewers. He ran up the stairs and right into a convenience store. A kid on one of the aisles yelled, "There's a turkey in the store!" The butcher from across the street heard him and ran into the store. Thomas saw the butcher and died because he was so scared.

The crocodile turned out to be Carl, Thomas's cousin in disguise, so Thomas's brothers and Carl lived happily ever after.

The Waterfalling Cactus

Once upon a time lived a cactus named Theodore. He lived in the Mojave Desert somewhere in Arizona. Theodore was fairly old, and had only one dream in life, to see a real waterfall. One day, Theodore's friend snake Stu told him about some cheap plane tickets to the North Pole. Theodore really wanted to go since it was really hot in the Mojave. So Theodore got the tickets and two weeks later hoped on his plane. About half way there, Theodore's waitress brought him some hot chocolate. Theodore tried it but accidentally spilled it and it fell on the floor. This turned out not to be any ordinary kind of hot chocolate, it contained acid which melted the floor and dropped into the engine directly beneath him. The plane dropped out of the sky and crashed.

Theodore awoke with a shock, and realized that he was the only survivor. He walks out of the plane and hears a very loud noise. Theodore can't believe his eyes. There is a huge waterfall. He looks behind him and sees a sign that says Niagara Falls. Theodore walked right to the edge and looked over. He loved it so much he couldn't move. Out of nowhere came a huge wave that threw Theodore over the edge.

Theodore opened his eyes, and realized that once again he had cheated death. He survived the fall and started to swim to shore. He had almost got there when a boat came from down river and didn't see Theodore swimming. The boat hit Theodore and he got knocked unconscious. Theodore slowly sank to the bottom and drowned.

Theodore's things all went to Stu, so he lived happily ever after.