2.25

Three days

Three days.

That's how long it took me to recover from my slump.

Lia did not visit me once during those three days. She didn't even send one message checking up on me. I'm okay with that. I've learned my lesson. Yeji was right; I was too selfish. She wants to be friends, so I should do her that favor at least.

I was standing next to my bike, fiddling with the wheels. I was used to Lia taking her sweet time, but today she was extra long.

Her house door opened, and she stepped out. She looked shocked to see me.

"Soobin..I?"

"What took you so long? We're going to be late for school," I smiled at her.

She looked at me for a second before the corners of her lips turned upwards. She skipped towards the back of my bike and hopped on. I took off my bag and handed it to her; she quickly accepted it and placed it over her lap. I grasped the handlebars and began pedaling off.

"Do you feel better?" She whispered.

"Yep."

The ride to school was silent. Things were still very much awkward between us. I could tell she was still hesitant around me since she didn't hold my waist the entire bike ride.

I'm going to have to keep my distance from her a bit more. I stopped my bike and secured it at the usual rack. Suddenly, Beomgyu came running over to me.

"Soobin, I missed you so much," He hugged me. "Don't abandon me ever again."

"I was sick."

"Sick, how bad. Fever, cramping, diarrhea, or gas?" He placed his head on my forehead.

I shoved Beomgyu away from me. "Shut up. I had a slight fever."

"A little fever doesn't make you miss school for four days." He shouted. "Lia has been moping around without you. Ryujin has been abusing me. Look at this scar." Beomgyu pointed to his wrist. It was a small tiny scratch that didn't even look like he bled.