11 I'm not a CHOICE...

Start from the beginning

"She will... "

Arnav said.

"Why would you talk rudely with Kapoors? " Ratna asked.

Arnav's expression changed immediately.

"How do you want me to talk to them? I already told you I don't like the girl... they are irritating me like hell as if she is the Cleopatra..." Arnav said irritatingly.

"But, you would have talked to them politely..."

"Mom, I don't have the patience to entertain such clingy creatures... don't you know me? "

"I think I don't know you," Ratna said contently.

Arnav rolled his eyes high.

"Ratna, don't annoy him. " Arvind said.

Arvind gestured to Ratna and she nodded yes. They left the room.

"I think Chotte is also in distress as Khushi denied marrying him. He tried to mend things between us... but it didn't happen" Arvind said while walking to his room with Ratna.

Night

Arnav opened the door as someone knocked on his room door. Neerav smiled at him.

"May I come in?" He asked for Arnav's permission.

Moving a little, Arnav gave him space to enter. Arnav came in, following him. Neerav sat on the bed. He didn't ask for permission to do it. Arnav sat on the recliner.

"I need to talk to you... Arnav"

"Listening..."

"Did you think before making the decision?"

"I always do... But, about what decision you are talking?" Arnav asked.

"I heard you have decided to marry Khushi..."

"So?"

"Don't be a family material Arnav..."

"I didn't get your point"

"Is it necessary to marry her just because we have given words?"

"It is... According to me, given words are more important than anything..."

"But she has nothing..."

"I don't expect anything from the girl who is going to give EVERYTHING to me because I can earn for MY WIFE more than what she brings. Don't mistake me. I don't taunt you..." Arnav said couldn't restrict himself.

Neerav knew very well that it was an open taunt.

"I just..."

"I know what I'm doing..."

"But, Khushi denied marrying you..."

"You no need to bother about it... you can go"

Neerav left the room sighing.

Arnav was already in deep turmoil because Khushi denied his proposal. She was not wrong though. Any self-esteemed girl would do the same. Arvind and Ratna were also heartbroken. They felt insulted not because of Khushi but Neerav. He has to act fast before the matter slips from his hand. Arnav felt he has the responsibility to mend things. This is his family... He is the elder son of the family. He has more responsibilities than anyone from this family.

The next day

GH

Khushi was searching for job opportunities in the newspaper. Garima gestured to Buaji nervously. Buaji blinked her eyes asking Garima to be calm.

"What are you doing, Khushi? " Buaji asked.

"Searching for jobs," she said.

"Is it necessary? " Bauji questioned.

"What does that mean, Buaji? "

"You no need to do that if you marry Arnav"

Khushi's hand stopped for a while.

"Why? Why should I marry him? "

"However, you should marry someone someday... your life will be happy if you marry Arnav"

"No... my life won't be happy... I will remember every minute about how I was insulted... do you want it to happen? "

"Instead of thinking about it, think about your blessings... "

"What's my blessings, Buaji? "

"Raizadas want you to be their Bahu even after their son made them feel low... not because they had given word but they know your value. I myself heard it Khushi. Do you know how generous they are? "

"They are generous. I have no doubt... but what do you think of me? "

"But you didn't show interest in Neerav... you avoided him..."

Khushi looked at her dumbfounded.

"Raizadas discussed it... they are happy that you didn't like Neerav... According to them, you are not their daughter-in-law but daughter"

" Hann, I didn't like Neerav... I said yes to the marriage for Babuji's happiness. And, I wanted to become a Bahu of Ratna aunty and Arvind uncle... But, you should understand one thing, Buaji. I'm not a choice to Raizada bothers... one would say NO and another would say YES... I don't want to marry anyone "

"But, Arnav bituwa..."

Cutting her,

"No, Amma... I'm not a CHOICE... I don't want to be a CHOICE... try to understand that" Khushi exclaimed.

She stopped talking, getting stuck as Arnav was standing at the doorstep, looking at her sternly.

To be continued...

The next part is available on INKITT

Arnav's approach

"I'm not a CHOICE... I don't want to be a choice... Try to understand that, Buaji" Khushi exclaimed.

"But, Arnav bituwa..."

Cutting her,

"No, Amma... I don't want to get married... I don't want to marry anyone..." Khushi exclaimed.

She got stuck, seeing Arnav standing at the doorstep, looking at her, hearing what she just said. He walked in. He didn't expect anyone to welcome him. Garima smiled at him awkwardly and he reciprocated it casually.