The Letter

Ernest Melania Macmillan, a short-haired, dirty blonde stout boy, slowly awoke from his bed, it was a spacious and wide room, neatly decorated with pictures of family portraits and his very own mother and father resting on his nightstand. He looked over at the nightstand and held a soft smile on his face before he slowly woke up and puts on his grey slippers. He walked over to his closet and rummaged through his clothing, looking for something to wear for the day since supposedly it would have been an important day for him, he wasn't sure why but he suspected something's was due to his mother hiding an obvious giggle from the night before. 
"Ernie!" He heard a woman's voice call out to him.
Ernie looked over at the doorframe and smiled to himself. "Coming Mother!" He said as he slipped on a grey jumper, sporting a pair of black trousers to go along with it then he exited his room and stepped out into the hallway before making his way down the stairs, his eyes lingered over at the railing. Even for his age, he was quite tall and his father could have never been more impressed with himself. "You wanted to see me?" Ernie asked as he walked up to his mother who was sitting on the neatly decorated dining table.
"Yes, dear... I wanted to show you this." His mum said as she handed him a neatly sealed letter. Ernie took the letter and tilted his head slightly as he looked at the blank letter, the only thing he could make out was.

ERNEST MACMILLAN 
OTTERY ST CATCHPOLE  (Macmillan Estate)
UPPER-FLOOR

Ernie read the cover of the letter in amazement, he smiled slightly to himself before looking at the stamp, a lion, an eagle, a badger, and a snake could be made out with a big letter H in the middle of said letter, he took it off and read the parchment piece that resided in the letter.

"HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr. Macmillan,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress."

Ernie finished reading the letter and handed it back to his mother, having a wide grin visible on his face. "Mum.. Does that mean I'll be going to Hogwarts now?" He asked.
Ernie's mother raised her hand and caressed his cheek and simply nodded. "Yes, it does dear.. Now, why don't we wait till your father gets back from work and we can tell him the news together? And next month we can go get your school supplies! Don't worry, your father will send the letter back saying you'll be attending this year." She said softly, giving her son a slight smile.
"Yes! Thank you mum... I'll be in my room if you need me." He said whilst kissing his mom on the cheek before turning around and running up back to his room, hiding the excitement that resided in his chest. "Hogwarts.." The word simply repeated itself in his mind.. He couldn't wait for his year day, buying his school supplies and finally becoming a wizard just like his parents.

*AUTHORS NOTE* 
I do not own the characters in this story, all characters used in the story are owned by J.K Rowling, I am simply just using them for my personal enjoyment. 
Also, I am sorry for this part being short, I promise the next one will be bigger, stay tuned as I've been planning this series for a few weeks now so please be patient with me. :) 
-E.M