Clara bit back a smile at the nickname. She had in fact seen Penny recently. The blonde had stayed the night in Watery Lane. With Tommy gone, the home only housed Finn and her, and Finn had opted to stay at Isaiah's. They didn't have to hide. She and Penny spent the night together, they'd kissed, they'd held hands, they'd stolen whiskey and gin from John's office, they'd drank, they'd laughed, and they'd just let loose and had fun.

"I did...saw her yesterday. Stopped by the sweetshop to see her." Clara gulped back the rest of her drink, hiding her smirk. "Said she hasn't seen ya for a while."

"Yeah..." Will scratched his head, "Don't really have an excuse for that."

"You should go see her, I know she misses you being around." Clara suggested, "We could go out drinking?"

"Mhm....well you certainly have my attention now," the boy hummed.

"You heathen." Clara tutted playfully.

"Oi! I'll have you know that I go to church once a week...with my mum...and not by choice."

"Exactly,"

"As if you go!"

"I never claimed to!"

Will sighed, as Clara chuckled. "You lose." She snickered, pointing her fingers in the shape of a gun before 'shooting'. The boy clutched his chest, slumping back into his seat dramatically. The two sat for a minute or two as the noise in the pub spiked.

"So what's up with the..." Will eventually gestured to her cheek, where the long, pink scar lay. Clara's fingers traced the mark. It was a wonder he hadn't said it earlier. The stitches had been taken out two days ago, but the wound was still very much present.

"Got sliced," Clara shifted, rolling her shoulders back. "Does it look that bad?"

"I think you pull it off," Will stated, examining it once more. "Little Frankenstein-y, don't ya think?"

"You never read the book, how would you know?"

"Give it a rest! Look, I'm trying to be a good friend here!"

"Yeah, because calling me Frankenstein is the highest of compliments!" Clara scoffed with a smile. "And Frankenstein is the doctor, for gods sake!"

"Well, how would I know if it is or isn't?!" Will put his hands in the air. "I never read the bloody book! Christ!"

"You're ridiculous, y'know that?" The girl shook her head.

"Take that back!" Will spat dramatically, "I am not, Clara Shelby!"

"Right...Not ridiculous, stupid maybe?"

"Rude."

Clara childishly stuck her tongue out at the boy, her arms folding. "Well, c'mon, go get more drinks." She gestured to the bar, her eyebrows raised.

"What am I? A slave?" Will snapped, before holding his hand out to silence the girl. "No, don't answer that." Clara slumped back into her seat with a grin as the boy went up to the bar and ordered two more whiskeys.

Once he returned, he slouched into his seat. "Y'know the new gym down by the warehouses?" Will suddenly questioned.

"Yeah, I think Arthur goes there, the place stinks." She nodded, wrinkling her nose as she remembered the stale smell of sweat and various other odours.

"Come with me next week?" He asked, "We can finally settle who's better."

"Are you sure you want that answered?" Clara mused.