02. 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔳𝔞𝔫𝔦𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔬𝔣 𝔴𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔟𝔶𝔢𝔯𝔰

Start from the beginning

"I'd have to roll a thirteen or higher..." Will muttered, thinking over his options.

"Too risky! Cast a protection spell." Dustin argued.

"Don't be a wimp! Fireball him!" Lucas asserted.

"Cast protection!"

"Oh, gag me with a spoon." Y/n scoffed, looking around at the boys. Her hand slapped against her forehead, shaking her head as her eyes squeezed shut.

"The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering! It stomps toward you. BOOM!" Mike bellowed, "It roars in anger..." Mike begins, listening in on the arguments that bounced through the basement of the Wheeler house.

"Fireball him!"

"Protection spell!"

"...and..."

"Fireball!" Will decided, chucking the dice, way too hard.

The set of dice flung across the basement, leaving everyone confused as to where they had went.

"What is it?" Lucas inquired, standing up from his seat.

"I don't know!" Will answered.

"Is it a thirteen?" Dustin thought out loud.

"I don't know!" Will repeated.

The kids dropped to their knees, trying to search the floor for any sign of the dice. Arguments spat out from the lips of the kids as they tried to find it without any success.

The basement door flung open, revealing Karen Wheeler: Mike's mother. Mike glanced up from the bottom of the stairs, disappointed to see her, "Mom, we're in the middle of a campaign!"

"You mean the end?" Karen corrected, tapping her wrist watch, "Fifteen after!" With that, Mike scrambled up the stairs in an attempt to convince her otherwise.

Will spotted the two little cubes of dice on the floor and snatched them, ecstatic to find them, "I found them!" He exclaimed.

Y/n peered up from her place on the floor, "What is it?" She asked.

Will looked to them, examining the number before saying, "It's a seven." He turned to Lucas, who had made his way beside Y/n, "Does a seven count?"

"Did Mike see it?" Lucas rose an eyebrow as Will shook his head 'no', "Then it doesn't count."

With a sigh, Will set the dice down on the table as the kids began to zip their backpacks up, throwing them on their backs. Dustin lifted up a pizza box from dinner, opening it to find a single slice of pepperoni and sausage pizza. The boy turned to his friends, holding up the pizza box, "Hey, guys. Anyone want this?"

His eyes flicked over to Y/n, a curious glint in his eyes as he examined the girls body language.

Y/n looked to Dustin as she zipped up her navy blue coat and she rose an eyebrow, "No." The three answered, in unison causing Dustin to shrug in disappointment.

With that, Dustin pushed past them to go ask Mike's older sister: Nancy if she wanted it, leaving Lucas, Will, and Y/n to get ready to go.