Chapter 2-Possible Consequences?

Two Months Later...

It was Monday morning, or still night, since it was only 3am when the call came in. She woke up from her iPhone announcing an incoming call. She knew it before she even had answered the call. A fresh body. Time to get up.

"Beckett."

"Good morning Detective. I'm sorry to wake you up, but we have a body drop. The commissioner wants you to take over the case."

"Must be a really interesting one. Where?"

"Broadway."

"Br-Broadway? Really?"

"Yes."

"Okay."

She ended the call and got up. Her head hurt and she wasn't feeling all too well this morning. She took a deep breath and went to her bathroom. She used the toilet, combed her hair and applied some make-up.

After dressing she looked at her reflection in the mirror. Not bad for 3am. Within ten minutes she was ready to go. She sent Castle a short text message to meet her at the crime scene and grabbed her keys, ready to leave her apartment.

Twenty minutes later she arrived at the crime scene. A tired Esposito and Ryan were already waiting for her.

"Morning Boss."

"Morning boys. What do we have?"

"Better ask Lanie. I'm not quiet sure yet."

Kate nodded.

"Natalia Roosevelt. Twenty-five years old. She worked around the corner." Ryan said.

"As an?"

"Actress. Broadway actress."

"What happened?"

"Another actress found her and called it in. The poor girl is in the hospital."

Kate gives him a puzzled look.

"You'll understand. Believe me."

"Mmhh." Kate replied and made her way over to the Medical Examiner.

Lanie sat beneath a body covered by a white blanket.

"Morning Lanie."

"Good morning, Kate." Lanie looked around. "Where's Castle?"

"Not here yet as it seems. Why? Do you miss him?"

"Oh, funny today, Kate?"

Kate rolled her eyes.

"The body?" She asked.

"Right. I'm sure the boys told you already. She looks bad, Kate. Really bad."

"What happened?"

Lanie sighed and uncovered the body.

"She was stabbed all over the body. Even down there." She said and pointed towards her tights. "She was strangled, too, and as you clearly can see, he's taking souvenirs. He took her lips."

Kate nodded and slowly walked backwards. She was feeling really sick with one time. The smell of the body, what she just had seen. It was too much for her.

When she reached the corner behind the crime scene she threw up heavily. She felt just sick. Really sick. She leaned against the wall and breathed. Or tried to until she had to throw up again. She heard somebody stepping by.

"Kate? Are you alright?" Lanie asked. She seemed concerned. "I never saw you throwing up at a crime scene before and I've known you for more than a decade."