Wild magic

The next few days were.. odd to say the least. Hunter attempted to escape a few times but we caught him easily, his injuries slowed him down quite a bit. I was getting worried though, he barely touched his food, all though I did notice that his eye-bags had shrunk. I found myself wondering about him so much. He seemed so.. sad.

"Morning Luz," Eda cheered as she poured her apple blood. I smiled, waving my hand as she set a plate of griffin eggs in front of me, "sorry kid, that's all I have right now. I gotta head out today, think you can handle things here?"

"Absolutely!" I exclaimed, sticking my hand in the air. She patted my head and ruffled my hair, like she did every morning.

Then, a groan emerged from the door. Hunter glanced around for a moment, then suddenly leapt for his staff, which was sitting in the corner of the kitchen. In an instant, Hooty wrapped around him, squeezing him so he couldn't get loose. He sighed.

"Kid you gotta stop doing that," Eda sighed.

"The emperor's gonna search for me, you guys will be the first suspects!" He barked. Eda rolled her eyes.

"Just calm down and eat your breakfast," she said.

"Not hungry, I don't want your disgusting food," he scoffed.

"Apple blood is not disgusting," Eda replied.

He groaned as Hooty released him. He waddled back up to his room, Hooty followed him. We had decided it was too harsh to keep him tied up. Eda took more pity on him then I would have thought, she placed Hooty in charge. Not sure if that was a good move but it worked so far.

After Eda left, me and Lilith practiced a few more glyphs. We had stacks of papers in preparation for our attack plan, while King practiced using his powers.

"The golden guard is the emperors right hand man, without him, I'm not sure what Belos will do," Lilith explained.

"We can't underestimate him," I stated. She nodded.

"We can figure out further details with Eda later," she said. I nodded.

"Oh by the way, Amity agreed to help us. Willow and Gus might join too, anyways, she's coming over today."

Hunter POV

"Can you just leave me alone?!" I hissed at the bird worm.

"Nope! It's my job to watch you," he declared.

I rolled my eyes, "I know, I know," I grumbled, as I swung open the door. The bird slithered in front of me, "I'm just going to walk around the house," I growled, trying my best not to punch his stupid face.

"Okay!" He grinned. I shoved him out of the way and walked down the hall.

The place was weird, it was dirty and unkept. As I took each step I heard the floor creak. Suddenly, I paused at a door, giggles and whispers came from it. It has a sliver of light, a small peeking hole. But of course, the owl tube had to ruin my plans and burst through the door.

"Hello Amity!" He exclaimed. I choked on my breath, Amity, the Blight. Oh shit.

As soon as she laid eyes on me she launched abomination goo at me, sticking me to the wall.
"You!" She yelled, aiming her staff at my chest.
"Woah woah!" Luz cried, "remember what I told you? He's on our side."

"I am not!" I screamed. Her side, gosh she really needed to get this whole allies thing out of her head.

Amity groaned, releasing a her abomination, "right. But I still don't like his face."

"I can live with that," I shrugged. I glanced past her into the room, it was filled with little glowing balls of light. It looked so magical. I stared in awe.

"Hey!" Amity interrupted, "what are you doing? Go back to your room or something."

"Is that all with glyphs?" I asked, ignoring the Blight completely. Luz smiled and nodded, pushing the door wide, and gesturing in.

I hesitated. What if it was a trap? I stepped slowly and carefully, the blight still staring me down. I sat down on a pillow on the ground, the light filled the room.

It was like stars up close. It shined so brightly, so beautiful. One drifted towards me, I didn't even realize I was smiling. I probably looked like a child, but I didn't care. I admired the glowing ball as it passed through my vision. I'd never seen anything so magical.

I glanced at the floor, there sat a paper, with an odd symbol drawing on it with pencil. I placed my hand on it carefully. And to my surprise, the paper folded into a light in my hands.

I gasped, tapping all the papers I could see on the floor.

"It's cool right?" Luz asked, grinning. I nodded. She handed me piece of paper and a pencil, I blinked at her, "so you can draw one."

She sat down next to me, with her own sheet of paper, and began to draw a circle. I followed her. She drew and inner circle, then a line and a triangle. I followed, being sure not to mess it up. Finally she added two lines in the middle then pressed her finger in the middle, I did the same.

Once again it formed into a light that floated around the room. But this time was special, I made it. It was my magic, without a staff.

I thought about all those times I had tried to do magic and failed.

Maybe I wasn't a complete failure to Belos.

𝐵𝑒𝑙𝑜𝑠

A glanced at the hall in my hand, it was wild magic. He wasn't here, part of me wanted to just, do it. Finally I had the chance, bet his words echoed in my head.

I clapped my hands together, crushing the light that was between them into nothing. I stood up, the lights shining on my face. Anxiety wrapped around me like a snake.

"You okay?" Luz asked. Even Amity looked concerned. I bit my lip, making sure to close the door on my way out.