"He wouldn't, would he?"

The ginger looked long and hard into his silver eyes. "He definitely would."

Draco laughed. "He'd be walking to his death, the Manor is unshakable."

"Of course I know that by now, but keep in mind we've got the same temper and impulsive behavior."

"Aren't you glad he cares enough about you to try and break in here?"

"I'd yell at him almost two hours before realizing he got me out."

Draco furrowed his brows a little. "Your brother-sister relationship has always been a little bit strange."

Sara sent him a little sad smile. "After we came to Hogwarts, things got...I don't know how to explain it. I can't blame Ron and Hermione for it, but sometimes I feel like they took him away from me just like Harry thinks Nico took me away from him. We started growing apart, leaning on other people for comfort, the events following Sirius' escape from Azkaban and him meeting Harry making me realize we hadn't been acting like siblings in a long time already."

"If I had a sister, I would've been both mean and overprotective over her, and I know that I would've loved her more than I do myself," Draco muttered, his cheeks going a little pink.

"That's basically the beauty in having siblings, they can annoy the hell out of you, but you still feel the need to protect them above all else."

"You annoy the hell out of me."

Sara looked at him, confusion written all over her face.

"You've been annoying the hell out of me since day one, Sara Potter, and I can't excuse my behavior over the years, but I also want to protect you above all else now."

The ginger elbowed him in the ribs and gave him a laugh. "So, you want to be my brother?"

Draco wiggled his eyebrows. "More or less."

"I say we could be friends, even if this situation looks horribly bad for you. I'm kinda kidnapped by your family."

"I'm breaking you out soon, just give me some more time."

"Whatever you need, ferret boy."

He rolled his eyes. "Will you ever stop calling me that?"

Sara gave him a smile. "You'll just have to go and find out, won't you?"

The door burst open again and Narcissa sighed in relief when she saw the two safe together.

However, her expression changed just a quick, her eyes not betraying the fear she felt, her face blank like a white canvas.

"I'll have to take you to him, Potter," she whispered, looking straight ahead.

Sara slowly rose from the floor, but Draco caught her hand midway, his fingers shaking around her wrist.

"No," his voice felt empty and he didn't care that he showed weakness in front of his mother.

Sara inhaled deeply, smiling sadly at him. "I know."

"What will he do?" the question was directed at his mother, but she still refused to look at her soon.

"Not the worst, not yet."

"Why are you such a coward?" Draco yelled the questions, standing up and positioning himself in front of Sara as to protect her from his mother.

Narcissa shook her head. "There has never been a way out of it, she's our prisoner and the Dark Lord will do with her whatever he pleases."

Sara put a hand on Draco's shoulder and he turned his head, looking at her intensively. Her eyes showed hints of pain and fear, but otherwise she looked as strong as ever, her fingers firm against the material of black shirt. He had always admired her for going in the room with his aunt looking brave even if she knew what was going to happen.

He had an idea of what Voldemort intended and he felt something inexplicable grow in the pit of his stomach; Draco swallowed hard.

"Damn your Gryffindor heart," he whispered, stepping out of the way. "I'll get you out, Potter."

The words were meant for only her to hear as Narcissa already took a few steps out of the room, fidgeting as she waited for the ginger to follow her.

"Promises are kept, Malfoy," Sara muttered, her head held high as she stepped out of the room, leaving Draco staring after her, feeling helpless.

Sara had to follow Narcissa into a part of the Manor she had never seen before, everything looking colder and lonelier than the parts she had already seen. Maybe it was because Draco used to wander with her, because, despite the hatred she always had towards the guy, there was also something that made her feel safer with him within that house than anyone else.

But Draco wasn't there as Narcissa flew down another flight of stairs, barking at the ginger to keep up, Nico wasn't there to hold her head and reassure her, to keep her out of the darkness of her mind, Harry wasn't there to get her through another night like he did when the Wizarding World was still unknown to them.

The boys weren't there, but Sara felt confident enough that when Narcissa pushed her through a spotless looking door in a too dark chamber with Voldemort standing in the middle of it, she was ready before the words even came out of his mouth.

Crucio.

The girl wouldn't wake up after that.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

-i feel like this chapter is a mess, isn't it? in many versions of this book, sara and draco have been friends since the beginning, but now they're here and kind of the only people keeping each other sane in the manor

-i hate that i upload so late but i have two weeks off starting monday so i'll hopefully be up to finishing more chapters for the future, will we be seeing everyone else soon? what is nico doing knowing his girl is locked in the manor? what is harry really feeling about the situation?

i have no idea

-also i changed the events of the Godric's Hollow escape because i was lazy to pick up the dh book and use the quotes from there so more work for me! hope thats alright tho