Interlude: Break pt.2

Start from the beginning

"What's the matter?" Kana asked, spoon still in her mouth.

"It's Dazai-san." He answered, sweating nervously.

"Me?"

"Nooo, the other Dazai." He waved his hands rapidly. "He accidentally destroyed the library."

"NANIII?!" Kana dropped her spoon and magically appeared in front of the boy. "COLON! THIS IS AN EMERGENCY! MY BOOKS! MY MANGA'S!" She immediately grabbed his hand, dragging him to the library.

"Should we follow them?" Atsushi asked, breaking the silence.

"Eh." Ranpo shrugged and began to grab desserts.

"They'll be fine." Odasaku reassured them.

"So... Sakunosuke-san, you and Kana-chan seem close." Yosano pointed out, moving her eyebrows up and down to tease him. He hummed and began to drink from his glass of water.

"You're not that surprised when you saw us. What are you hiding?" Naomi said, giving him a suspicious look.

"She's the one who accompanied me when I died and we just clicked. We've been together ever since." He explained calmly as the table turned quiet.

Dazai smiled softly.

"You're dead?!" Higuchi accidentally blurted out.

"I'd rather not talk about it."

"Aren't we going to talk about how there's another Dazai?"

~~

"Didn't I tell you not to fight and not destroy my things?!"

Kana was standing in front of a kneeling redhead, her eyes boring holes at his body. A couple of torn pages on the floor along with the destroyed shelves.

Colon silently prayed for his soul as he saw the wrath in her eyes.

"It's a good thing that it's just math books that you destroyed." She sighed.

"You don't like math?"

"Not in a million years!" She huffed. "Did you guys eat already?"

"We got tired of Ango's cooking. So we didn't eat." Shiga Naoya answered and sighed.

"Heyy! Don't insult my cooking!"

"It is quite tiring actually. Your food is always the same. We need something new." Hagiwara Sakutora agreed.

"Then you cook then!" Ango fired back, slightly offended.

Kana sighs then gestured for them to follow her. "Follow me."

The clicking of her heels was heard as they walked through the hallway. Walls built with wood and filled with historical paintings and sculptures.

"I can't believe you've got an obsession with history." Sakunosuke Oda said, breaking the silence.

"Who wouldn't?" Kana shrugged. "I'm not good with dates though."

"Are there any new companies that you are handling lately?" Akutagawa suddenly asked.

"Yeah! I'm getting tired of seeing old faces here." Nakahara Chuuya complained.

"It's an anime that is inspired by Japanese authors." She answered, stopping at a wooden door.

"Like a different version of ourselves." Dazai said, not resisting to hide his anticipation upon seeing another version of himself.

"Ane-sama!" A high-pitched voice was heard from behind them, much like a girl. A guy with red hair with wolf ears is running towards them with a small stack of paper in his hands. His heterochromia eyes shine brightly as he reaches them.