Does It Have To Be Done Like This?

Start from the beginning

"Do you know how to knock before entering?" he asks, his voice cold. The Sandu Shengshou is back, gone is the uncle who was looking at his nephew.

Wei Wuxian gives an excuse he used to give when Jiang Cheng asked him the same question, but there is a difference. It's obvious he is guilty about something and awkwardness is noticeable in his voice, "Well... I forgot..."

It fuels Jiang Cheng's anger. He doesn't know clearly what is he angry about. He is angry at Wei Wuxian, but more than that, he is angry at himself.

Who knows from where Wei Wuxian finally collects his courage, he goes near the table and sits there.

The silence in the room is suffocating to both of them. Unused, but used to, Wei Wuxian breaks this silence.

"How is he doing these days?" Wei Wuxian asks about Jin Ling. He didn't meet Jin Ling this month. The last time he meet Jin Ling was during a night hunt, but they didn't talk.

Jiang Cheng can't ignore any topic about Jin Ling. Especially if someone asks about how he is doing with genuine concern.

"He is overworking himself." he is being honest. He complains subconsciously, "But he never says anything if something is troubling him or he is tired. He thinks he can lie about these things to me now that he is 20." he frowns.

Wei Wuxian laughs a little, "But he is too obvious. His expression expresses everything." The last time he saw Jin Ling during the night hunt, he knew at the right instant that Jin Ling is overworking himself again.

Jiang Cheng nods in agreement, "He is a bad liar."

Another silence falls. But this time, the silence is comfortable. Jiang Cheng doesn't have the energy to act like he hates Wei Wuxian. Even if he did act like he hates Wei Wuxian, Wei Wuxian didn't have the energy to act like he don't care.

"Sorry." Wei Wuxian says out of a sudden, taking Jiang Cheng's guard off.

"What?" he didn't want to say it like that.

"For everything I did." Wei Wuxian's head lowers down a bit.

A few seconds later, Jiang Cheng finally says, "Idiot."

That's it. They are mending their relationship.

"What?" this time Jiang Cheng takes Wei Wuxian's guard off. Wei Wuxian didn't expect Jiang Cheng to reply like he did when they were on good terms. Perhaps he can mend his relationship.

"I said 'idiot'."

Silence for a few seconds before both of them crack into a laugh together. They need more time to be comfortable like before. They may not be like they were before, but it will be enough if they can stop acting like enemies and become friends. Their conversation topic is Jin Ling. As both of them don't know what to talk about, they stick with the topic they had before.

"Mmm..." the noise made the other two look at Jin Ling. He is waking up. He takes a moment to process everything in his head or so they thought. The first question should be - Are you two fighting? Or. Are you two finally mending everything? Or. Why are you two here? Instead of, "Why didn't you wake me up, uncle? Why didn't I wake up when Wei Wuxian came?"

Jiang Cheng hits his head lightly, "Is this what you should ask now?" he then answer his questions, "You were tired so I didn't wake you up and that is also why you didn't wake up hearing Wei Wuxian's loud voice."

"What should I ask then?" he asks, holding the side of his head. Then adds, "You should have woken me up. I am not tired like you think."

"But you were sleeping so peacefully and looked like you didn't sleep in this week, Jin Ling." Wei Wuxian joins.

"That's not it!" he protests, then asks, "Why are you guys joining together against me? 2 against 1? That's not fair!"

Hearing the question, Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng exchanges look before laughing, leaving Jin Ling confused.

Jiang Cheng now remembers. A few days ago, Jin Ling asked him why don't stop acting and mend everything... His face was saying that moment, "I want you to be happy and forgot the past." Maybe it is what heaven wants to give to Jin Ling after going through all pain he had before. Fulfilling his wish...

~The end~

A/N: A needed fanfiction

A/N: A needed fanfiction. *Satisfied*