Chapter 26: Results Of A Lightning Storm Are Very Illuminating.

Comenzar desde el principio

“It’s like nothing happened” The teen wolf mumbled to his friend.

“No…she is very good at hiding it.” Stiles replied, with an all knowing tone with eyes that had softened in understanding while watching Meg’s grinning face, it made him worry just how much she was hiding about that night.

The day was coming to an end, Meg was relieved and at the same time she hated that she was. School was one of the best parts of her day, it was so much fun hanging out with her pack and then seeing Scott and Stiles too, but the paranoia was slowly starting to consume her, she began to wonder if coming back to school so soon was even a good idea.

“Well look who just walked in.” Isaac spoke just as she had managed to shove her Chemistry text book and Biology book into her locker.

“Chris Evans?” she responded eager and hopeful, turning to face the direction Erica and Boyd were glaring at, she froze when Billy was heading their way down the corridor.

“Oh…”

Her pack grew alert the closer Billy got, subconsciously they stood in front of her as if shielding her, their claws were ready to grow out and Meg knew all hell would break loose if she didn’t do something.

“Guys don’t.” She said meekly, Boyd glanced back at her.

“Relax, we are just going to go talk to him,” The blue eyed male retorted with a predatorily gaze aimed at their target, Erica smirked and nodded in response she was waiting to dig her claws into that little wimp. Meg frowned up at them, reaching out she wrapped her fingers around Isaac’s forearm grabbing his attention.

“Please don’t do it, I am asking nicely.” Isaac stared down at Meg’s pleading eyes for a moment before sighing; he relaxed but continued to scowl. Erica was disappointed and Boyd was relieved, he was never a fan of conflict and he was grateful Meg intervened, the last thing he wanted was more danger directed at his pack.

“Besides, it looks like someone already got to him before us.” Isaac mumbled, burying his hands into his jacket pocket when Meg had let go, all their stares fell on to Billy. He passed by them, not before stopping to glance at them from the corner of his eye. Meg saw the fear in his eyes and she was surprised, shouldn’t it be the other way around? And what happened to his face? The left side was turning a slight shade of purple and there was a cutting on his lower lip that still had a crescent mark of blood.

She was hoping Scott and Stiles didn’t try to intimidate him, the last thing she wanted was for the hunters to go after them.

“Guys you didn’t have to escort me everywhere, I know my way around the school.” Meg grumbled, her friends have been insisting on accompanying her everywhere, even to the bathroom. She should be annoyed but part of her was grateful, she never felt so cherished before, even though it did get slightly annoying later on in the day, especially when Erica growled at one of Meg’s Gymnastic class members who had just come by to say hi.

“Yeah, so do the hunters apparently, we are just keeping an eye on you Meg.” Boyd reminded and Meg sighed as they descended the steps along with the rest of the teenagers at school who were rushing off to get to their cars and drive home.

“I am well aware of what they are…capable of.” She mumbled her gaze a far, her pack was quick to notice and Erica immediately reacted.

“Meg—“

“Oh look Grumpy Growls is here,” she excalimed enthusiastically and slightly relieved, she needed to get out of here.

“Are you guys coming for training?” She asked looking to Isaac, Boyd and Erica, they shook their heads simultaneously.