Part 1

(CAROLINE POV)

Waiting for our train to arrive and stood on the platform with Elena, I slowly noticed that something was wrong. The smell of blood overpowered me and I had a gut feeling that Elena was in danger. I grabbed onto her arm.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Don't move." I told her.

"Caroline what..."

Not listening to what she was saying, I looked out in front of me. The train had just stopped and that's when I saw where the danger was coming from.

Looking through the window, there was a girl. She was dressed in a black dress and kneeling down to where I could only see the top of her head. Slowly though, she lifted it up, looking directly at me.

Blood covered her mouth, as well as vampire veins and fangs, but not just any ordinary ones. They were black.

Just the sight of her made me tremble.

She had just fed off a girl who was dead and beneath her, and then she slowly stood up. Elena then caught sight of her and gasped, stepping back in fear. Her eyes looked away from me, but only to the side of me where Elena was standing.

Her veins gradually went and they turned to a smirk, the train then sped off.

(ONE HOUR LATER)

"Are you sure the veins were black?" Damon almost scoffed.

"We're not lying, she was right there in front of us!" I spoke frustratedly. "She smirked at us and then the train left, but she had this look on her face that I just know that this isn't over."

Stefan looked concerned but Damon was barely listening.

"What else did she look like?" Stefan asked.

"She had long black hair and she was wearing this black dress that was just soaked in blood." Elena explained.

(THREE DAYS LATER)

Nothing had happened and it felt like our paranoia was for nothing. I still had this gut feeling though but it seemed like everyone else had calmed down so I decided to brush it off for a while.

There was a party at the grill that night we all decided to go.

(THREE HOURS LATER)

Me, Elena and Bonnie were all laughing and drinking when Damon started to walk towards us looking worried. That threw me off.

He grabbed my arm and moved me away from the crowd.

"The sheriffs outside are saying your mother's missing." He told me. "She hasn't showed up for her shift."

I looked up at him with complete fear in my eyes.

"It's got to be her." I panted.

"Don't leave here, I doubt she will attack you in a crowd full of people. Me and Stefan will look everywhere."

I nodded and then he left.

(DAMON POV)

I met up with Stefan in the woods as we searched for her.

"Do you believe them now?" He asked as we walked. "It's a very good chance that this is the girl."

"Let's just find her." I sighed.

He grabbed me and stopped me from walking any further.

"You're just brushing off this threat Damon." He spoke frustratedly.

I didn't listen to anymore. My senses were heightened and that's when I smelled it. Blood.

I started to walk towards where it smelled stronger, and that's when Stefan caught on.

"The Lockwood cellar." He said quietly.

It was a few steps away and there were drops of blood on the steps visible to us. We both looked at each other, and then went down there.

The only thing lighting it up was a fire lit piece of wood on the side of the wall.

Inside, Liz was tied to a chair and gagged, but still breathing. Surrounding her were the dead bodies of the police she was with.

Blood splattered on the walls, still dripping freshly. Fresh bite marks all over the dead bodied. This happened soon before we had arrived.

I looked around in disbelief while Stefan went to untie Liz.

"Okay, I think we have a problem." I told him.

(ONE HOUR LATER)

After Caroline took her mom back home, Elena didn't feel safe so she came back to our home.

We all sat in the living room with the fire still burning. She was wrapped in a blanket, shivering in fear.

"Why would she do this?" She asked. "We don't even know her."

"She's targeting us, by how things look, I assume she's targeting you." Stefan replied to her.

"But why would she go after Caroline's mom?" She questioned.

"She's trying to send us a warning. She wants something. I'm guessing soon, we will know what." I stood up and went to pour myself a drink, not knowing that Elena was secretly planning something by herself.

(ELENA POV)

The next morning before they had woken up, I walked further from the house and got my phone out, calling the one person who I never thought I would.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" His British accent spoke through the phone.

"Klaus, I need a favour."

He arrived to the grill an hour later and joined me at a table I was sat on.

"Certainly didn't expect you to be the one calling me." He sighed and smirked, sitting on the chair opposite me.

"I need your help." I told him. "There's this vampire. She's trying to send me a warning."

"By doing what?"

"She killed someone on the train in front of me and Caroline and then went after Caroline's mom last night."

"To be honest love, this sounds like a you problem."

He started to stand up.

"Her vampire veins were black." I spoke and he stopped walking. "Her eyes were as well."

He turned around with this angry expression on his face.

"What exactly did this girl look like?" He questioned.

"Tall, long dark hair."

He started to breathe angrily and then walked out.