Quite frankly, Karina couldn't believe the audacity of her mother. First, she abandoned her only children in the villa for majority of the summer whilst she toured around Japan alongside her latest victim, and how she had sent them to London to shop two weeks before September the 1st all alone.

Except they couldn't stay in the house in Knightsbridge that had once hosted Picasso, or in the penthouse that looked over the skyline of the city. No - they couldn't stay in the luxurious rooms they were so accustomed to. Instead, because she didn't trust them alone for the entirety of a weak, she had sent them to the Leaky Cauldron, where they could stay in the two best rooms under the supervision of one of her mother's friends - a witch by the name of Colette. 

Why? Well, because Sirius Black had managed to escape from Azakaban, and for some strange reason, Lucrezia believed them to be safe in a communal wizard area than in their seperate homes. 

Of course, Colette was neither someone who enjoyed the presence of children nor someone who had any interest of actually looking after them at all, which had lead to Karina and Blaise - who were still as close as ever, despite their continuously growing ages that lead them towards more independence and the undoubtably approaching embarassment of having each other as siblings - had, in a dignified manner, ran wild.

They shopped not only in Diagon Alley, but converted just a miniscule fraction of their money from the vault into muggle money and spent most of their weeks on the streets of London, shopping in the stores of luxury brands and expanding their wardrobes even further.

The siblings had dined in the most expensive restaurants, they had taken rides around Hyde Park, been invited into Buckingham Palace by the Queen herself - who was a lifelong friend of their mother and knew only a little about the magical world she was cut off from, and enjoyed afternoon tea with the 'wonderful siblings' as they discussed it. They visited jewellery stores that some could only dream of entering, seen exhibitions in almost all of the galleries and museums, fitting so many events into such a small amount of time.

Fia had done their shopping for them in Diagon Alley after the lists of equipment arrived, alongside Karina's letter of congratulations from Professor Snape as he awarded her with position as Slytherin prefect as she entered her fifth year at Hogwarts - which was arguably the most important of them all, as they held her O.W.L exams.

Her mother was yet to send her letter of congratulations, but it seemed that could have been expected - using the elusive international mail line that had an entire offices above the post office in Diagon Alley almost couldn't have been trusted.

Other than that, Karina's weeks in London had been incredible, and now she only had one day left. Neither her nor Blaise had specific plans for the day, but perhaps it would be then that they actually venture onto the cobbled streets of Diagon Alley properly, and spend their last day in the magical world, as opposed to the muggle one. 

But for now, she needed to bathe, and still clutching the elegant tea cup as she crossed the wooden floor, making a mental note to inform Tom that guests who would be staying in the luxury suites would enjoy carpet below their feet, and entered the bathroom.

"That house-elf is far too good at her job." She muttered, placing the tea down on the side of the bathtub, in which a bath scattered with lavender, flower petals and clouds of pale pink bubbles had been drawn. Karina sank into the warmth of it, having retrieved once of her muggle books - one which they referred to as a 'classic' -  and read until her skin was pruning slightly. 

The lemon water was long finished by the time she extracted herself from the shimmering water, a robe pulled around her damp body as she walked towards the Victorian-style partition screen, examining the clothes that Fia had deemed appropriate for that day. 

Karina really did have exquisite taste, her hand running over the material of the pink cropped shirt with black edging, lifting that and the black skirt from the screen and laying it down over the chair, beginning to put on the various other pieces she needed to have on before giving the set another thought.

Eventually she summoned Fia again, asking her to adjust the top part so that everything was covered as necessary, and apply a sticking charm so that it would remain in place. Next, the house-elf helped to layer the golden belt around her waist, and adjust the brooch around her collar. Then, she seated herself to do her makeup whilst the house-elf styled her hair for the day, picking at the plate of pastries that Tom had sent up for breakfast.

Finally, after spending quite some time picking out some shoes and a bag - eventually deciding with a simple black leather bag of the same muggle luxury brand and then pink heels that matched her top. All in all, it was a look that had her usual splendour, and if her and Blaise decided that one last visit to Bond Street was necessary, they would look the part.

"Is Blaise ready?" Karina asked, applying one last coat of lip gloss before spraying herself with a perfume scented so strongly it would last all day even without a spell. Fia nodded, holding the small luxury handbag as her favourite mistress finished getting ready. 

"Good." Karina took a step back from the mirror and turned towards the elf. "What do you think?" She asked, and before Fia could give her the glowing feedback she no doubtedly had, she continued. "I was thinking of getting you some material, so you could fashion a new outfit out of it."

"For you, Mistress?"

"No, silly, for you." Karina crouched down as the house-elf's eyes widened. "It's not clothes, so you don't have to worry about that. It's just that this one is getting a little worn, don't you think?"

"I suppose so, Mistress." Fia took the opportunity of Karina crouching down to adjust the pearl choker that peaked out from behind the broach. "If that is what you wish, then Fia may recieve some material."

"Good. And you can do what you want with it - perhaps make a dress and a belt. I would sew for you, but alas I don't have the skills and don't wish to rid myself of a perfectly good house-elf. Are you ready to go?" Karina stood up once again, taking the bag from the elf and making her way over to the door and stepping out.

Fia followed her all the way down the corridor, and very almost cried out when she saw her precious Mistress find herself almost colliding with someone as she turned the corner. 

Karina sharply breathed in as she felt herself not fall, but remain in place. Her head turned, ready to give whatever unfortunate stranger stood in front of her, but felt her eyes widen, just slightly.

"Oh Merlin." She exclaimed, turning away from a smirking Fred Weasley, who was clutching his cup of tea and glancing pointedly down at the small damp mark where it had spilt.. "Fia, come. We can meet Blaise downstairs." And with that, she huffed off.

And Fred Weasley watched as a house-elf hurried after the Slytherin girl without a question.