19

Thank you so much for 1K reads!!! I appreciate it so much.

The Cullens could not get a single word out of her after Ivy returned. Edward wasn't present to read her mind and Alice's visions were blocked by the wolves, so nothing came out of her, either.

Ivy began to pack her things immediately.

"Ivy! Where are you going?" Rosalie asked, watching the girl pace around the room, stuffing in clothes. She didn't answer. "Now — just hold on!" Rose grabbed her arm, Ivy froze in her place.

"You know the plan."

"What — Happened? We know you saw Sam."

She said nothing. Rosalie sighed, looking down at their hands intertwined.

"Please, Ivy. I know we're not that close but you must know I will always be here for your problems."

Ivy hummed, "Mhmm..."

"Please."

"At least tell me how badly you're feeling. Remember happy face or sad face?" Rosalie offered. It was a gimmick they used to help Ivy when she was feeling the urge to feed on human blood and couldn't open her mouth or else she might have entered into a frenzy. Happy meant she was okay, Sad meant she wasn't. She didn't need to use it as much after five months of her transformation.

"Mhmm..."

"So — happy...or sad?" Rosalie held up a pen and paper. Ivy shakily drew a sad face with a prolonged mouth, dragging it all the way down to the end of the paper.

Ivy looked up, her eyes filled to the brim with tears, though she felt she had spilled enough already for that night. Rosalie pursed her lips, letting the two of them sit at the edge of their bed.

She spent the next hour telling Rosalie what had happened. From start to finish. How abruptly she met him and how she fell in love just as fast. The more Ivy spoke about her and Sam, the more she realised it was love at first sight. For her, at least. She could not make out for the life of her why she had interested him so much. Ivy knew of the relationship between Sam and Leah, she even figured that Leah was a much better option compared to her. Still, she knew he loved her like she loved him. Mostly with reason but sometimes, you just find things to love on the way.

Luckily, Rosalie had convinced her not to move away and separate from the family.

"You're just running from him. Alice and I have taught you much better than to run because of a man." She stated as a-matter-of-factly.

Ivy nodded, "You're right." Her eyes fell to look at her palms resting on her lap.

"But he doesn't love me the same." She croaked.

Rosalie furrowed her brows, "You're joking."

Ivy shook her head.

"Ivy, I saw the way he looked at you at school — "

"When I was human!"

"It doesn't change anything!" Rosalie interjected, despite Ivy's protests. She grabbed Ivy by the shoulders, raising the girl's chin up with her finger.