Sage and Rose part 2

Start from the beginning

"I got some mad skills Rose, Nothing more to it." I tell her with a shrug. She roles her eyes and gets out of the bed. I leave the bedroom and head to the kitchen.

"Morning love, here yeah go." Mum tells me as she sets down a plate of food in front of me.

"Thanks mum!" I tell her and I kiss her cheek.

She smiles at me and on her way out of the dining room she throws a news article of jobs on the table. I almost choke on my tea once I see it, Looks like mum wants Rose out as soon as possible. Rose walks in, prepped and ready to go for the day that's In store for her and sits next to me. She sees the news article and roles her eyes. She ignores it and grabs an apple from the fruit bowl that sits on the table and starts to role it around In her hands.

"There's Finches. You could try them. They've always got jobs." Mum tells Rose and sits across from us with a mug of tea.

"Oh Great the butchers." Rose tells her with fake enthusiasm.

"Well, it might do you good. That shop was giving you air and graces, and I'm not joking about compensation. You've had genuine shock and trauma, the both of you."

"There is no way my big sister is going to work for the butchers! She will smell like raw meat all the time and I'm not living with that!" I exclaim and shove a fork load of food into my mouth. Rose gives me a nod of appreciation and I wink at her. Mum roles her eyes and gets up.

"Arianna got 2,000 quid off the council just 'cause the old man behind the desk said she looked Greek."

Rose and I exchange looks of confusion.

"I know she is Greek, but that's not the point. It was a valid claim." She tells us. She then grabs my empty plate and leaves.

"Don't you have to go to the studio today?" Rose asks me and I shake my head.

"Nah, I need to make some remixes for some of the dance routines so they gave me the day off to do that." I tell her air quoting off.

I get up and go to the living room. I grab my laptop that is sitting on the couch and I start doing my work. Remixes is the music that I have to make for some of the dance classes. I love doing it, combining two different songs and trying to make them flow together by changing their beats. You use an original song and create something new from it. Right now I'm trying to mix "Toxic" by Britney Spears and "Hollaback girl" by Gwen Stephanie. As I try to edit the remix and listen to it Rose's voice starts to echo throughout the flat.

"Mum, your such a liar! I told you to nail that cat flap down, were gonna get strays." She says. I crinkle my nose and raise an eyebrow. I saw her doing it last week, what the hell is Rose going on about?

"I did it weeks back!" She exclaims.

"No you thought about it." Rose argues.

"It's true Rose, I saw her doing it while you and Mickey were on a date." I tell her, trying to defend mum. After a moment of silence I sigh and quickly grab a pair of earphones. Once I put them on I get back to work. After a few minutes Rose walks in and starts trying to make the living room look more decent.

"Rose, what are you doing?" I ask her.

"The man that blew up the shop is here and I intend to get some answers from him." She tells me.

He then walks into the living room and sees me. He smiles and wave while I nod my head in recognition.

"Don't mind the mess, it's mostly Sage's fault. Do you want a coffee?" She asks him.

"Might as well, thanks. Just milk."

Rose rushes back into the kitchen and I fix my gaze back onto the laptops screen, Putting my earphones on full blast while Rose and the Doctor have their conversation. I will ask him what I need to know later on.