Chapter 1

Cherry Valance. Cherry Valance. Oh boy was I excited to say she would soon be mine. Cherry Valance all to me. The thoughts felt like sugar in my mind. As the road sped along closer and closer to Cherry's house I felt butterflies in my stomach. What if she doesn't like me? No, I pushed that thought out of my mind. Tonight all I would have to do is be myself. Everyone loved me except for those rotten greasers so I know Cherry would love me. She has too, right? I'm less than 5 minutes away so I guess it's now or never. As I turn into her neighborhood I hear a blaring siren of the fuzz. "What now?" I think.
"Hello Officer." I say.
"Do you know why I pulled you over." he shoots back.
"Beats me." I reply hoarsely
"Well to put it simply I heard you caught my daughter, Sherri. I want you to know if you harm her at all I will put you in a boneyard. You understand me boy?" He sharply says.
"Yes sir." I reply compliantly back.
"Well then go get her son. I don't want her to be in a bummer mood before you pick her up.She better not be blitzed when she gets home." He shot again.
With that he gives me a nod and pulls away. Remind me never to get him ticked off. As I pull in I see her dazzling smile. That was the first thing that made me want to go out with her. That and of course her sheep-like personality. She was always so kind since the day I first met her. She wasn't the kind of girl you have a night with and leave. She was like leaves swirling around on fall morning. Everywhere around you, and you would always be happy about it.
I hop out of my car to open her car like a gentleman. Cherry's the kind of girl that deserves good quality. Plus I was not planning on ticking off her dad.
"Hey slippy." She says sweetly. Ever since I fell at my last football practice while she was there with Marica she's been calling me that.
"Hop in cher." I reply back with sugar sweetening my words.
As she hops in, I realize I didn't even pick a place to go. Trying not to look stressed, I decided to go to the local diner Granny's. 
"So," Cherry asks, "What we doin tonight?" I keep my eyes on the road knowing if I look over I'll melt over when I see her smile.
"Well," I start to reply, with a smirk plastered too my face I then continue saying, "I guess you'll have to find out"
I feel like my heart will beat out of my chest when I look over at her. I know she has to have rolled her eyes at that. One thing to know about Cherry is, she only wants the facts.
"Well do I at least get to know if we're close." Cherry states with a bit of playfulness in her tone.
"Well yes Cher. Because we're here." I shot back equally as eager as her. Of course I hop out as quickly as possible to get to her door.
"I love Granny's!" she says wholeheartedly as we walk in. Gosh that has to be another thing about her that makes my heart jump out of my chest. Cherry always has the optimism of a little kid who's always happy.
"Well I knew that Cher that's why I picked it." I lied. As we start walking in I see a greaser lurking around the door. The little piece of trash has blond hair and an almost criminal smile, he even has the audacity to wink at Cher.
"Hey you pretty young thing. I know you wanna ditch this jock and go out with me sometime, you can call me Dally or whatever you want." He smoothly says. After that I think I lost it. I socked him right in that stupid mouth of his. Then I hear a sharp squeal.
"CHER!" I scream. I feel as though my heart will explode as I see one of the other pieces of trash near her. Not her. Anyone but her. I promised her dad she wouldn't get hurt and she already had blood trickling down her forehead. Cherry Valance was the love of my life. I feel as though I'm gonna explode as I beat every last thing out of the punks. Right when I go back to the original one he stops me.
"Hey man, hold off a second. I will help you get her help. I don't like it when those other guys beat up the girls." Dally states. I want to punch. Heck I want to kill him. But as I look over at her I realize he's right. Cherry's a delicate little girl and she's already bloodied up and having difficulty breathing.
"Only if you promise never to go near her again." I say as viscously as possible. As if in silent agreement we both pick her up and get her in my car. He stays in the back to make sure she's stable as I drive as fast as possible to the local hospital. The next few hours go bye as a blur. Dally helps and admeditally leaves and tells me he hopes she gets better. As soon as they say Cherry's good it's like a weight gets lifted off my shoulders. My feet move themselves as fast as they can as I go to her room.
"Cher," I said silently.
"Bob," she replies silently.
And then for the first time in a while I cry