"He did mention that to me too. And I think you should go. I know how hard it is but you know your father cares about you."

"Senpai, the thing is I don't know if he does. I feel like I'm his puppet."

"I got the impression he realized that and doesn't want you to feel that way anymore. Just please Lem, it is good to try," Senpai reached to brush his face. "I feel like if you push him away without trying again you will always have that deep feeling of 'what if'. And I'm going to be here for you every step of the way. I won't be afraid to punch a bitch if I have to."

"Sen you are insane. I love it," Lem ruffled his hair and Sen tried to pull away laughing. "My father did say you're invited."

"He did?"

"Ugh, you are probably going to see my brothers."

"How bad are they?"

"Well," Lem let out another sigh. "One of them ate the other's eye."

"Excuse me?"

"One of them ate the other's eye. He has to wear an eye patch now."

"Ok. What!?" Sen pulled away. "Was it an accident?"

"No. William perfectly knew what he was doing; he wanted something Charlie had."

"What the fuck?"

"Senpai, William has more than one screw loose. He doesn't have ill intentions but he often hurts people without even realizing it. He doesn't mess with me though so we should be fine, still be careful around him."

"Jesus Christ," Senpai huffed. Maybe it would have been better not ever knowing his boyfriend had a family. What did he expect? Lem had to learn about eating flesh somewhere. "What about Charlie?"

"I suggest just not asking what is bothering him because he will whine your ear off."

"But would he try to hurt me?"

"No, if anything, be careful about hurting him."

"Really?"

"Yes, he is spineless but hey, that means you probably will get along with him the most."

"Hey!"

Lem let out a low laugh.

"Don't worry about them though they respect their big brother and I'll be damn sure they will respect you."

"Thanks, Lem, but I think I'll be OK. I made you respect me."

"Ah yes, that is true! But I don't know if you can take on three more of me."

"Oh god," Sen recoiled. "Don't say it that way!"

"...What?"

Sen knew this adventure was going to be interesting.
——
Senpai was fixing his hair in the mirror as Lem came out of the living room wearing his trench coat.

"Aw Lem, you look so handsome," Sen walked up to him and adjusted his collar.

"I didn't want to deal with the comments again and the clothes hide it," Lem rolled his eyes. "Geez, dad I'm sorry I'm fat."

"I'm ready to go when you are," Sen chuckled. "So explain this to me again? We are going through a portal? I didn't know you could do that."

"I really can't. My dad gave me this book so that I could," Lem pulled out a dusty book. "I really hope I don't mess up and we end up in the middle of the ocean or something."

"Please don't do that. I spent two hours on my hair today."

"...It looks the same,"Lem said. Senpai giving him a glare made Lem hurry to open up the book. He mumbled some gibberish under his breath until a bright portal flew open. "Are you ready Sen?"