"Someone up there hates me," he groaned out loud, before jumping as he thought he heard something scrabbling around underneath his bed. He gave a strangled yelp and drew all of his limbs in to be as tightly around his body as possible, sitting right in the centre of his bed. He trembled as his bed shook slightly, squeezing his eyes shut and trying to even his breathing.

Suddenly, his cell started ringing and he leapt up in shock, before quickly grabbing it and answering in a gasp, "Hello?"

"Mike?" Harvey sounded concerned. "Are you okay?"

"Harvey, there's something in the apartment," Mike said in a hushed voice.

A sigh came on the other end. "Mike, we've talked about this. There is nothing under your bed, in your wardrobe or behind the shower curtain."

"I swear I heard something moving," Mike murmured.

"Mike, there's nothing there," Harvey said firmly. "Do I need to come round?"

"Yes," Mike said instantly, before frowning. Why was he suddenly so eager for Harvey to come back? "Please, please hurry."

He could tell that on the other end, Harvey had no idea what to say in response. After all, most of the time he asked that, Mike would say no, not wanting Harvey to see him as weak or a coward. "I'm on my way, kid – is your door unlocked?"

"Yeah."

"Another thing we need to talk about. Okay, I'll be there in 10."

Mike nodded and clutched at his phone as he thought he heard breathing sounds. It's just the boiler, he thought to himself, squeezing his eyes shut. It's just the boiler, and Harvey will get here and tell me how stupid I'm being.

The time seemed to pass with agonising length but soon there was a soft knock on his door and Harvey walked in. He came into the doorway of Mike's bedroom and gave him a sad smile as he saw the way Mike had curled around himself in the middle of the bed.

"Harvey, don't look, there's something there – don't look under," Mike pleaded, his breathing rapid.

"Hey, hey, calm down," Harvey said softly. "Just relax. I'm just going to have a really quick look, okay? Just a quick peek."

Mike watched as Harvey bent down and pulled the covers back so he could see under the bed. Harvey looked back up at Mike significantly and flapped the covers slightly. "Nothing," he said, staying knelt down. "Do you want to come see?"

Mike shook his head, feeling stupid. But still all he wanted right now was to crawl into Harvey's lap and be shushed, gently rocked to sleep. He'd had these thoughts the first few weeks after changing back, but they were suddenly back in full force.

"What did you call me for?" Mike asked, trying to sound normal.

"I was going to ask if you had the papers in the right order for court," Harvey said, now standing from his knelt position. "Do you?"

"Uh… yeah," Mike replied, nodding. "Yeah, I do. Uh… Do you want a coffee or something?"

"No," Harvey shook his head. "I need to get sleep. I'm going to pick you up from here at exactly half past 8 tomorrow morning, got it?"

Mike nodded. "I got it," Harvey nodded and walked towards the front door. "Harvey?" He turned as Mike said his name. "Thanks."

Harvey nodded, giving him a small smile. "No problem, kiddo. Go to sleep."

As Harvey pulled up outside Mike's pitiful excuse of a home, he frowned when he saw that the man in question wasn't outside. He rolled his eyes and pulled out his cell to call him.