good soldiers follow orders.

CROSSHAIR WAS ANGRY. Why was Alora questioning what the reg clones did? An order is an order.
No.. Why do I care? It's wrong. Crosshair thought. Good soldiers...follow..what? His mind was scrambling, and all he knew to do was to project.

A single tear slipped down the girl's cheek, before she vigorously wiped it away. "Following orders? I-I don't care! What kind of order would be sent out to kill the Jedi? They were going to kill Caleb, too!"

"Doesn't matter." Crosshair's voice was sly. He didn't know why he was saying what he was saying, but he didn't filter his words at all. "An order is an order."

Alora was about to scream. That's what she needed to do, was to let loose and scream! Her mind was swarming and she desperately wanted a release.

"Okay! Stop!" Hunter stepped between the clone and former Jedi. "We gotta figure this out, right?" He was talking mainly to Alora. "Tech, Echo, and Wrecker. Go find the reg captain and see if he can tell you about this Order 66." Hunter was portraying himself, now, to be the calm and fearless leader he was made to be. "Crosshair, Alora, and I will go find the kid."

A slight sense of relief washed over Alora. She definitely wanted to find Caleb. She knew that she needed to.

The trios began walking in opposite directions. Alora glanced at Crosshair, who had his rifle perched upon his shoulder. "You do not need your weapon, Crosshair. Put it away."

He was slightly in his correct state of mind at the moment. It was almost as if two parts of him were battling. He could feel it in his brain that the two were barking at one another, about what is wrong and what is right. Morals were in question. Duties were trying to be placed before his feelings. He couldn't focus on one single thought. He didn't feel like himself at all. One sentence was desperately trying to make it to the forefront of his mind. Good soldiers follow orders.

He glanced at his rifle, and quickly lowered it. "S-Sorry.." He muttered, though Alora could not hear him.

"He is scared." Alora said softly. She knew he had to be close, considering the sense of fear she was getting throughout the air. Despite Hunter and Crosshair's feelings, Caleb was very distinct. Being as strong in the force as he was, she was quick to pick up on him. The two were oddly connected.

"You alright, Alora?" Hunter asked. He couldn't sense any feelings, but he could tell simply by her body language.

"I.. I don't know." Alora didn't want to lie. She glanced up at her sergeant for a moment. She couldn't quite read his feelings. She could sense how confused he was, of course, but she couldn't tell if he was more afraid or sad. She sensed both. Fear, was understandable. Even Sergeant Hunter of Clone Force 99 gets scared once in a while. But...why is he sad?  Alora thought. He didn't know Depa Billaba. Hardly at all...

"Listen." Hunter held his hands out, signaling for Crosshair and Alora to stop. Hunter tilted his head up, listening in carefully. Crosshair looked down Alora, meeting her puzzled look. Obviously, Hunter's enhanced hearing was kicking in.

"He's close. I can hear him."

Alora suddenly started walking. "I can sense him." She whispered. "Caleb?" She called, her voice hoarse, cracking as if she was about to cry. Her throat was terribly dry.

Hunter walked behind her closely, as Crosshair trekked a bit further. His eyes were scanning the trees. He did this because, when Hunter had heard the boy, he turned his ears towards the trees to listen..

The trio began to run now. Their feet were slipping on the slick ice beneath the thin layer of snow, but they kept on going.

Suddenly Hunter stopped, raising his hand to signal his soldiers to follow suit. "He's close."

Alora had turned her attention to Crosshair. She watched as he turned slowly, staring up at the tree tops in the wilderness. "There." He said coldly.

Squinting her eyes, Alora could not see the boy. Crosshair must have been able to, due to his enhanced eye sight. She couldn't see him, but she could feel him. He was terrified.

"Caleb?" She called out again, tears suddenly brimming her eyes. She blinked quickly, only allowing a single salty tear to streak her cheek, dripping down onto her scuffed chest plate.

"Come on down, kid!" Hunter yelled up at the boy, as he placed a comforting hand on Alora's shoulder. "We're here to help!"

It happened in a sudden flash. Crosshair raised his rifle, aiming directly at Caleb. He shot.

"No!" Hunter screamed, stepping forward with an outstretched hand. Alora gasped, clasping her hand over her mouth in shock. She suddenly felt like a small child again, the little girl who was once lost and had no idea what she needed to do.

Caleb quickly stood, balancing on the tree branch. He ignited his lightsaber and the blast shot clashed with it, sending the blast whizzing past Alora and the clones. "Liar!" Caleb cried.

He suddenly jumped, allowing the force to guide him through the branches and leaves. Crosshair nonchalantly began to load his weapon again.

"What are you doing?" Alora gasped, stepping in front of Crosshair. "Crosshair, answer me?"

He looked at her. Behind his helmet, his expression was blank. His mind was screaming at him to stop, but he walks by her cooly. "Following orders."

"We don't even know what the order is!" Hunter exclaimed, grabbing his brother by the shoulders. "Stand down! Until we know what's goin' on."

Crosshair's demeanor explained confusion. He couldn't understand why Hunter would act this way. Good soldiers follow orders. Good soldiers follow orders.

"Good soldiers follow orders." Crosshair repeated out loud. This sentence didn't affect Hunter in any way, other than confusing him more. Since when did Crosshair care about orders?

Alora's comm link sounded. It was Tech. "The regs orders are simple. Execute any and all Jedi, as they have committed treason. We need you to find us."

Alora felt like she was hit in her stomach, as hard as someone like Wrecker possibly could.

"Tech, we can't come yet. We haven't found Caleb. We-"

"Wrong." Crosshair murmurs. A blaster shot was heard, followed by a terrified cry. The sounds of branches snapping and a loud thud echoed through the woods. But suddenly, Caleb arose. He grabbed his lightsaber from his side holder once again, igniting it. Chills were sent down Alora's spine as she was frozen in place. What in the stars am I going to do?