Four

Ever since he was young, he would feel the slightest bit out of place with the other boys

Ever since he was young, he would feel the slightest bit out of place with the other boys. It was barely noticeable to anyone else, but he felt it. It was most definitely there.

"Chifuyu, had any luck with the women this season?" He would always get asked by his male friends, who were tougher than a box of nails.

"Well.." he would mumble. He never had a girlfriend before. He had never been with anyone. It took him a while to realize why, but it was difficult. When a teenage boy such as himself joins a gang filled with masculine guys who like to beat each other for fun, he had to cover up some parts of his personality.

Once he started to grow up, he realized he had made a mistake by doing this. He should have just been himself, because...

"Just know that if you hide, it doesn't go away."

He gasped audibly as he turned around to see his co-worker mumbling a song. Noticing this, Kazutora turned around for a second.

"My bad, I didn't mean to startle you, fuyu." He said, his fingers loosely gripping the broom they were wrapped around. Kazutora had always been the type to be oblivious to certain social situations, such as non intentional aspects. He was the best at not being able to realize the things he did. It was frustrating at times.

"Oh-no no Im alright." Chifuyu said lightly, just looking at the male made his heart do backflips. He didn't think about it much though, seeing as he tried to not let his feelings get out of hand. He didn't need anyone knowing about his preferences, nor his experiences.

"You were too busy totally zoning out so you missed it!" Kazutora said.

"Huh?" Chifuyu said, tilting his head. It wasn't like him to be so foggy-headed, or was it?

"Jino was trying to conceal his snacks." Kazutora snickered, he pointed over to the rabbit that was currently pushing his little vegetable pieces into the corner of his small cage. Chifuyu smiled down at the small animal who squeaked.  Jino the rabbit blinked obliviously, his nose twitching a small amount before he went back to his snack-hiding.

"How cute." he mumbled.
-

Saturday mornings are always fun. Music rang throughout the pet shop and deep into Chifuyu's ears. He swayed around the counter and brought himself to the cat pen, yesterday a new cat arrived. The pretty kitty had white fur all around its body, leaving only his two front paws black. How unique.

They decided to name him mittens.

He picked up the tiny cat and began to dance, imitating how people do ballroom dancing in old age movies. Mittens made a small noise that sounded like a confused "hmm",  Chifuyu acknowledged the small effort of discomfort and put him down.

Sighing, he walked back over behind the desk. Kazutora was out and it was quite boring today. His partner in business went to a small market event with Takemichi, helping him out with groceries. He wondered if he should call him, reaching for his phone in his pocket. When it was in his hand, Chifuyu decided against it. He didn't want to be annoying.

He took his phone out of his pocket anyway. Knowing that Kazutora was the first person on his "most recents" call list made him somewhat happy.

He was coming to terms with a lot of feelings and emotions he has been experiencing lately. The only problem was, he felt like he had some issues with attachment. When there was no reason for him to experience them. Sometimes, he'd question himself if wether or not he was allowing himself to be emotional. He probably wasn't. Before he could get overtaken by thought per usual, the doorbell rang. Which meant a new costumer had come in.

"What can I help you with-"

Chifuyu's eyes widened, he paused and grabbed his phone that lay on the countertop behind him. Thank god Kazutora was on speedial.

  ☟︎

- Hello hello! I'm so sorry that this was updated so late! Mental health hasn't been at the top lately and I've been wanting to write so much, yet I've never gotten to it. I feel kinda shitty cause I updated the last part on my phone, but it is what it is.

Anyways, thank you so much from reading!
As always take care,
Mars.