Ivy had tuned out much of the conversation, she was the newest member of the Cullens and considered herself the least important but her powers actually made her the most important, much to her dismay.

Through Jasper's emotional influence Ivy had agreed to help Alice with the wedding preparations, though she would have said yes anyways, thanks to her willingness to do something, anything. Ivy had burned through almost half Carlisle's extensive library already and she feared she might have finished it before a year of her being a vampire had passed by. Sleeping was one of Ivy's favorite things to do as a human and even if she didn't need any now, she still liked to lounge on her soft bed and relax under the covers. She'd even set a high score on Mario Kart that no one could beat anymore.

It was safe to say Ivy was dying of boredom.

"What is it you're reading now?" Edward asked, finding Ivy an hour later sitting on a large branch. She showed him the cover, finger lodged in the page she was reading, so she wouldn't lose track.

"I liked that one a lot. It's very...warm." Edward failed to find the words to describe Pride and Prejudice. "I've read it before. I'm just taking the pleasure to read it again. It's my favorite book in the whole world." Ivy commented.

"You remind me a lot of Jane Bennet." Edward teased.

"If only I was half as kind and beautiful." She laughed. "Why must you be so severe on yourself?" Edward asked, amusement in his tone.

"I think you're perfectly fine just the way you are, sister." He used the word sister so generously.

Ivy was a treat to have around, as the Cullens had commented on it all the time. She was the perfect daughter and sister, no wonder Arthur Lee had such an affinity for the slender girl. She cooked (for Bella), cleaned, had perfect manners and was very polite.

"Shouldn't you be looking for your wife-to-be?" Ivy offered. Edward chuckled softly, looking down.

"I came to give you this." He held up a pair of black, thick-rimmed glasses.

"My glasses! How – where did you get them?" She asked.

"I know you don't need them anymore. But I remembered how much you used to make a fuss over losing them, so I thought they might have held some sentiments to you."

She nodded fervently; "They do. They were my mother's."

"I see."

Ivy jumped off the branch, "Well, see you later, Edward. I can feel Alice's impatience from here. Thank you — for the glasses." She said, walking away with little care in the world. Ivy climbed up on another tree that grew into the house, and made her way to the couple.

No matter how much she tried, Ivy was forbidden to follow the Cullens to the fight with the newborns. She pouted, watching them gear up in the right clothes to fight. Ivy was tasked with taking care of Bella because without Sam, Jacob was needed in the battlefield. Edward and Ivy were to watch Bella in the mountains and do nothing else.

"...I'm sorry Ivy, but they're just afraid you'll get hurt. Or worse: the Volturi could be notified of your presence." Edward told her, something he had repeated a million times before. She didn't know what the Volturi was, and in her honest opinion, she didn't care that much yet. Ivy huffed, nodding. "I know. I just feel like I'm doing nothing. I should be out there, helping you guys."

"You're helping us by being alive." Bella chimed in, awkwardly. Edward chuckled at his girl, petting her hair.

"Come on, lovebirds. We have somewhere to be." Ivy grumbled, pushing past the two and stalking away.

Ivy didn't hear from Carlisle and the others, and Bella was going to freeze to death.

Edward was panicking. Bella was trying to play off her hypothermia as nothing because, well, she's Bella Swan.

"I'm f-fine..." Bella assured them, not sounding or looking fine. Ivy could see the girl's lips turn nearly purple.

"Bella you are going to freeze to death if I don't do something!" Ivy told her, pacing around outside the tent. She talked to the couple through the thin tent.

"Ivy...really. I'm okay." Edward tried his hardest to cuddle up close to Bella, but he was hard and cold, like a marble statue.

"I'll be right back." Ivy said, running away fast to avoid Edward and Bella's protests. She ran through the woods for a short while, before sensing something nearby. Ivy got down, hiding near a rock. She didn't feel like using her powers or being held up by some stray newborn, she needed to get something warm for her friend who was freezing to death.

A growling in the distance had signalled that Ivy needed to run out of there fast.

As far as she knew, all of the wolves were helping the vampires fight and no Quileute would venture this deep out into the wolves.

She bolted in the direction she thought was her house and she was incredibly fast, but her panic and nerves caused Ivy to fall in a ditch. Before she realised it, the creature had caught up.

"Who's up there?" She demanded, climbing up from the ditch. The growling stopped, whines began to ring through her ears.

Ivy rubbed her now-dirty hair away from her face. She gasped in both shock and fear.

It was a very large wolf, as large as a horse. She wondered which one of the wolves they were. She had seen Leah's wolf form. It was white. She had seen Seth's too, his fur was far too light and brown. The wolf in front of her had long, jet black fur, if it weren't for Ivy's vampire vision and the wolf's golden leer, Ivy wouldn't have seen him at all.

She moved her arm and received no reaction from the beat that was infront of her. She took it as a signal to run.

Ivy had even wondered if the wolf in front of her was real at all. It stood on all four legs as it watched her run, completely still, frozen in time.