Chapter 2

Jim barely got any sleep last night, he was just coming home last night from training with Blinky when he saw Madden at his door. She had left after a while, looking extremely hurt. It made him suffer from guilt.

At school, he sat by Toby while looking at Claire. He noticed Madden didn't seem to be at school at all. He needed to check on her after school.

"Hey Jimbo, what's got you all worried?" Toby asked at lunch

"Have you seen Madden at all?" Jim asked warily, Claire was sitting with them and she shook her head. "No... Actually, I haven't."

"You don't think the Gumm-Gumms took her?" Toby asked, he too now seemed to notice their old friend's absence.

"I don't know..." He crossed his arms in thought, if only he answered Madden's calls she might be here at school today. "She was at my house last night, she looked really upset." He muttered

"Maybe we should've told her about troll market a long time ago.." Toby droned on. "Yeah..." Claire murmured

--------------------------------

In Senor Uhl's class, he made a very dreadful announcement. "Now has anyone seen Madden Richards since midnight of last night?" He asked

No one answered.

"She has been reported missing by her parents, last one to see her was an employee who was working at the gas station by the Devil's Tracks." He added, "Any information regarding her is very helpful to the Arcadian Police Department's investigation."

The class bustled into chatter when the Devil's Tracks were spoken about.

"The devil took her."

"What do you think happened?"

"Maybe her parents hid her body somewhere."

Jim turned to Toby and they both shared a worried look with Claire. "Now, now. Silence!" He stomped his foot to get the class's attention. "Now that the bad news is out of the way, good news is a test on next Friday."

Everyone groaned but Jim leaned over to Toby "We need to find her." Toby nodded his agreement.