Wasn't Hu Yan the man who brought his wife's child over to greet the Gu family before?

Gu Qingjiu thought that he looked familiar and that was because he had seen Hu Yan at the Yu family before.

And now, this incident was related to Hu Yan?

"Your father trusted him ever so readily. He said there was an investment that he wanted to tackle with your father and your father readily agreed. Your father even asked a few big clients he was close with to invest tens of millions into it, but Hu Yan ran away with the money!"

After hearing Qi Yuefeng summarize it, Gu Qingjiu came to a realization.

It might have been done on purpose to sabotage her father.

Her father wasn't a brash person. For her father to believe in Hu Yan's investment, it must have meant that he had pieces of evidence and proof.

But she remembered that Hu Yan recently just returned to the country. The investment plan which he came up with, what kind of evidence could he have?

When she linked that to how she met Hu Yan at the Yu family, as well as how Tan Yalan got her cell phone number so quickly...

Her eyes narrowed. In the end, the most suspicious mastermind was the Yu family!

Chapter 262: Strange Atmosphere

Translator: Atlas Studios Editor: Atlas Studios

But since Hu Yan was not yet arrested, Gu Qingjiu could not throw all her suspicions on the Yu family.

Even if she had no evidence, the moment she thought about the Yu family, she had a vague feeling that this incident was definitely linked to them in some way.

Her expression visibly darkened. She used to think that the Yu family was shameless, but she never expected them to be this shameless.

Forget it.

In her previous lifetime, they could even do things like sending her to jail and letting Yu Shiwei kill her.

What else were they not capable of?

But for the Yu family to have hurt her father, that was unforgivable.

She gritted her teeth as she swore. She would fight them to their deaths even if she had to pay with her life!

Because of that decision, her eyes turned completely cold and yet calm at the same time.

The Chief Instructor said that he would help her catch Hu Yan by tomorrow. She calmed a little knowing that.

Qi Yuefeng was still sobbing. Gu Qingjiu took a piece of tissue to wipe her tears away. She gently said, "Mom, don't cry. I will go to the police station later. Don't worry. I... have someone who is going to help me. Hu Yan will definitely be arrested."

In order to calm her mother down, Gu Qingjiu mentioned that the Chief Instructor would catch Hu Yan sooner or later.

Qi Yuefeng didn't dare to raise her head. "He can catch him? He's been hiding for around three weeks and no one knows where he is at. Can they really catch him?"

The incident had been brewing for three weeks already, but Gu Qingjiu just knew about it? It was only then that she realized that her parents never wanted her to learn about what was happening at home.

Gu Qingjiu nodded. "He will."

She trusted the Chief Instructor.

She never doubted the Chief Instructor.