Prologue

Hello! This is my first fanfiction so I am sorry if it's awful but I will try! I hope you enjoy it and please spread the word! Thank You! :)

Hannah xox

********************

Lauren's POV

I stood there for a minute by the front door, as I just got inside from the cool, crisp December air. It was absolutely freezing, but at least it was only twenty days until Christmas. I sighed, taking off my coat and scarf, remembering the never ending list of Christmas presents I was yet to buy. Sadly, I was one of six children and being the eldest and aged twenty, I had to get them all presents. Isabel, who was seventeen, wanted make up, so that was easy. Matty, who was fourteen and Lee, aged twelve, wanted boy stuff. My two youngest siblings, Ella, aged nine and Lily, aged three, both wanted everything and anything from Disney. Sadly, I never saw them because i was at uni and I lived in a flat with my boyfriend Dan in Lond-

I was interrupted from my thoughts, by a giggling noise and lots of ruffling upstairs. The worst thoughts possible ran through my head, but I decided to brush them off and do something about it. It happened again, leaving me even more confused than I was before. I knew that Dan was at the gym, so I thought that maybe my family travelled from Manchester to come and surprise me, so I thought I'd go along with it. I decided to act natural, hiding a smirk upon my face. I walked towards the stairs and walked up slowly, making a massive creaking noise and mentally cursing to myself. The giggling soon stopped and it was a deadly silence, telling me instantly that it was in fact not my family, because they never shut up. My palms were sweaty and a horrible feeling washed over my senses, as I headed towards the room with the light on.

The bedroom.

I nervously reached out towards the handle and looked around the corner. As I did so, my whole world shattered right before my eyes. My knees felt weak, my throat dry and I felt paralysed amongst all of what I saw in front of me. I saw my boyfriend on top of a blonde woman, much more beautiful than me and both of them were staring up at me. The boy who I love and long for, only shows signs of pure hatred back to his lover. The blonde haired, brown eyed boy who goes by the name of Daniel James Peterson, who was once mine, has broke my heart and there's nothing I can do about it.

Little did he know, is that he was my best mistake.