However, to Qi Yuefeng, it really was the case.

How could she bear seeing her only daughter that she adored so much to suffer in the military?!

Two days seemed long, but it passed by in a flash. On the enlistment day, Gu Qingjiu had packed all of her things and went out with Qi Yuefeng.

It was only because Qi Yuefeng insisted on sending her to the bus terminal. She would only be at ease after seeing her daughter get on the bus.

At the bus terminal, the military vehicle for them had already arrived. Qi Yuefeng wasn't the only parent. The other enlisted children also had parents that sent them all the way until they had confirmed their identity before hopping into the vehicle.

Gu Qingjiu stared at her mother and waved at her from outside the window. At the thought of having to leave Qi Yuefeng's side even though she had just been reborn, as there was no choice, her eyes stung and turned red instantly.

Chapter 22: Military Camp's Rule (1)

Translator: Atlas Studios Editor: Atlas Studios

"Why are you crying? Isn't it just enlistment? It's only three months! Why are you sad?!"

A girl seated next to Gu Qingjiu was chewing gum.

She scoffed out loud at the sight of Gu Qingjiu being so weak.

The girl was wearing a fashionable knitted jacket and a pair of tattered jeans. The weather was terribly cold, yet the girl looked like she wasn't cold at all.

Her hair was long and the ends of her hair was dyed in rainbow colors. She looked like a gangster as she chewed her gum. Her get up somehow made her give off a wild and unruly impression. She was comparable to those young gangster girls in Gu Qingjiu's school.

She looked pretty that her face looked moist as a radish that had just been dug out. She was so fair her skin was glowing.

She looked like she was about the same age as Gu Qingjiu.

Gu Qingjiu's emotions slowly ebbed away after she couldn't see her mother anymore. She was originally not good with talking to others, so when she heard the girl speaking, she merely looked down to play with the Buddhist beaded-bracelet on her wrist. Qi Yuefeng had just given it to her and said that it was the Gu family's heirloom.

She said that it was to protect and bless Gu Qingjiu.

"Hey, why aren't you speaking?"

Seeing that Gu Qingjiu had looked down to play with the beads on her bracelet, her aura calmed down after she spoke to her as compared to when she was still sad moments earlier. Yu Bao'er instantly felt that this person seemed to have changed faces and it was rather interesting.

However, no matter how much she talked to Gu Qingjiu again, the girl still mostly ignored her. She had only turned around to glance at her. Her eyes seemed rather deep and dark. If Yu Bao'er didn't take a closer look, Gu Qingjiu would still seem indifferent and dazed.

"Have you always been so indifferent?"

Yu Bao'er took out a piece of tissue and spat the chewing gum onto it.

The other people in the vehicle were all slightly shocked at this girl. The rules in the military were so strict and everyone knew that they had to cut their hair after entering camp. Yet, she still dared to dye her hair! She looked so coy and flamboyant. How did she even get enlisted?!

Yu Bao'er ignored all the eyes on her. She seemed to have been hooked onto Gu Qingjiu. Seeing Gu Qingjiu ignoring her, she went even further by poking Gu Qingjiu's elbow. "Are you mute? I'm asking you something!"