Chapter 5: Fate With A Risk

Chapter 5

Fate With A Risk

"Dam can you get anything right?" I mumbled, swearing. I dragged myself in a crouch position and came out behind from a car. It's black colour protecting me from the eyes of the intruders. Also the shade of night, protecting me from their sight.

The men started walking towards Lexi menacingly. But before he could reach her jumped out from behind the car. Know to start my bluffing. I'll admit I was a little nervous. This was the first time I was acting, and Lexi might've forgotten. Well, you can't learn without trying.

"Alison are you okay?" I asked desperately. I had got over it millions of times with her. It was her fake name. I just hope she'd remember and let me do the talking. I'm pretty sure I might've stuttered a little.

I held her hand and pulled her up. I acted like it was 'affectionately'. My hands grasped both hers and helped her up.

The men, sensing we were no threat went back to their conversation, but not talking loud enough for us to hear.

"Are you clients of Jake Mastander?" I asked. I knew they were going to kill me before I reached the end of the street. I knew because since we saw them near my house, police would be looking for any witnesses. That's weird, the police aren't here yet.

"Nosy intolerant able fools must die." One of them yelled. He had a big heart shaped face with huge greasy hands. His eyes were black and his hair was curly black. He fumbled in his pockets and produced a gun. Same old trick.

"Now now, isn't that Jake looking through the window. Oh my god! He's aiming at you!" I hollered. I'm such a good liar. They looked and that's when I went. I deduced they had only one gun due to the fact the others didn't reach for theirs. I hope I'm not wrong.

I collided into the man with the gun. The gun knocked out of his hands and I picked it up. His big beefy body colliding with mine and sending a shock.

"Wanna play know?" I grinned mischievously.