Denki Kaminari x F!Reader - CierraMac236 | "Date Things"

This request is for CierraMac236 as a winner in my 2021 September giveaway! Thanks for the support and congrats!

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"Hey Kami," I stated, sitting down in front of his desk.

"Oh hey," he greeted back.

"So...there's a fair this weekend," I pointed out and he glanced up from his desk fully. I peered back at him expectantly. I was gunning for a date with Kaminari at some point, though he kept...not asking me. 

"Yeah? Sounds fun."

"Yeah it does, we should go together," I suggested and he nodded.

"That's cool."

"Great, it's a date!" I replied. He nodded with a smile before he began to talk about funnel cake. I frowned, not sure if he was just messing with me, didn't like me, or was just the most oblivious boy alive. 

"We should invite like Sero and Kirishima! Oh and Mina and Jirou and Bakugo--if Bakugo actually wants to come with," Kaminari added. 

"Oh...no I wanted to go just the two of us."

"Why?" he asked.

I'm going to go with he's just oblivious.

"So we can be better friends."

"Oh, alright! That's cool too," Kaminari stated. I just nodded, getting up with a soft but exasperated sigh. 

I had informed Kaminari about the fair day and he was ready on time for once, which was nice. I brushed my hair back with my hand, clearing my throat to get his attention and possibly cause him to notice that I looked nice today. I had always liked Kaminari, which no one seemed to understand. There was something about him that made me all warm and fuzzy inside.

"You look like such a cutie today," he complimented.

That was it.

"Oh, uh, thanks," I replied. "Ready for our date?"

"Huh?"

"The fair?"

"Yeah, but date?" Kaminari asked. 

"That's what I said a few days ago."

"Yeah, that's a figure of speech," he replied, furrowing his eyebrows and I just stared at him. I could just laid it out flat for him right now so that I could leave if I needed to. 

"I meant a real one," I stated. "I ask you all the time."

"Wh--"

"Seriously. All the time."

"Really?" he asked, seemingly surprised. I nodded, watching his face flush with red. "Okay, yeah, we can...do that!"

"Great, now let's go before the lines get too long," I replied, tugging him by the arm. They had set up the fair a little ways away, not very far if we took the subway. I glanced to Kaminari as we sat on the transport there. He was chewing on his lip as he sat there and I watched as he slowly stretched an arm around my shoulders. He settled for a moment before pulling his arm away in resignation. "What's up?"

"Nothing," he chuckled, letting his arm settle back down. "Just date things."

"Date things," I repeated and he looked at me with a tight-lipped expression. 

Normally, Kaminari was the most normal around me. He was a flirtacious guy, but for the most part he didn't really direct that energy towards me. He was more of a best friend than anything, someone who wasn't uncomfortable around me. Kaminari seemed pretty uncomfortable now, which was definitely my fault. I had just grown to like him more than great friends, I couldn't help that. I probably shouldn't have been so blunt or aggressive with it.