"What'cha looking for?" Harry whispered behind me. I jumped slightly. He had crept up behind me and stood close, his head peaking above my shoulder. "I could help you find it," he suggested.

I turned around. "I'm not looking for anything in particular, I'm jut hoping that I'm going to find special pieces that I will want to buy. Small treasures if you will."

I laughed softly as I saw his face fall. The small shreds of hope that he entertained towards us leaving soon faded, as the words left my mouth. "So basically, we're going to be here forever," he stated his tone playful, but his desperation real.

"I'll try and be quick, but I want to look at every shelf." Harry scoffed and I raised my brow in challenge. "I warned you, you're the one that insisted."

"Yeah, well, because I thought you were exaggerating, I thought we would be here twenty minutes, tops."

I laughed again. "Nope, definitely more than that."

Harry sighed before his face suddenly lightened up. "You know what, that's fine. I'm going to look at all the shelves too, and I'm going to find you your treasure."

I didn't even have time to say anything back, that Harry turned on his heels and walked, determined, into another row. I looked at him, for a few second, not even bothering to wipe off the lovey-dovey look on my face, before coming back to reality and continuing my own shopping.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see Harry going through the aisles and looking intensely at every object he thought was somewhat worthy of being brought to me. It was distracting; I could barely concentrate on the shelves in front of me, since I kept wondering what he would come back with. I somehow expected him to bring back the perfect object, simply because he knew me well.

To him, this wasn't just a challenge or something to keep him occupied; it was a way to show me that he cared, a way to apologize for our previous problems.

My basket filled up slower than usual, it seemed harder to find the little treasures when my beautiful but broken best friend was in such a good mood. But I was happy with what I had found so far: a cute tea set, small picture frames and a throw blanket. I liked things that were unique and quirky, I liked when objects had history and weren't completely new. Wendy often thought that the things I brought back were odd at the first look, or on their own, but when I would arrange it in a particular place, she would often change her mind.

This was the beauty of thrift shops, they were filled with small objects that looked out of place alone, but belonged when placed right. Just like the hat and jacket Harry had picked up - and was still wearing - they looked odd on their own, but on Harry, they looked good. Or maybe Harry was just too handsome and made everything look perfect on him.

"Okay, I think I found the perfect thing for you," Harry came back after a good thirty minutes of searching through the shop.

I looked up and raised a brow, acting skeptical. "Really?"

I put down my basket and Harry smiled like a child, hiding the object behind his back. "I did," he replied confidently.

"All right. Show me," I said, getting more excited by the second.

He didn't move for a second, and then he took a deep breath before pulling the object from behind his back.

The moment I saw what it was, I almost felt my heart melt in happiness. I had no doubts that Harry would find the perfect object, but I had underestimated just how perfect it would be. It was a white vase with splatter of paint on the bottom, it was quite big but I could perfectly picture it on the top of my dresser. I loved it the second my eyes landed on it and I loved Harry even more once I realized just how much he knew me.