She had already taken off down the beach before he could even start chasing her, the others laughing at the loud and energetic couple. She threw her beautiful head back as she couldn't stop laughing which allowed him to gain on her quickly.

He caught up to her in no time and she shrieked when he tackled her in the sand, and they fell to the ground.

"Since when did you become a rugby player!" She shrieked before she was smothered with kisses and tickles. Bits of cake still stuck to his face, some getting on her as they both became a laughing mess. Once she was weak from all the excitement, he pinned her arms above her head and straddled her hips as she struggled against him, she eventually huffed in defeat.

"I win." He smirked down at her face which was red from all the running, and she pouted at his handsome face.

"No fair! It's my birthday soon. You're meant to let me win." She argued and he chuckled knowing that she really hated losing.

They can hear their friends shouting the countdown and Atsumu smiles down at his girl.

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

Atsumu leaned down and pressed his lips against Suzume's. She immediately responded by kissing him back. He kissed her passionately and with all the care in the world.

The fireworks began, startling both of them apart as they looked up into the sky. Atsumu moved to help her sit up and pulled her against his chest so he could cuddle her from behind. They sat in the sand watching the multi-colours explode, illuminating the dark night sky.

He shifted so that he could reach into his pocket and he pulled out a small box.

"Happy new year and happy birthday, little fox." He whispered in her ear as he kissed her temple and handed her the small box.

Her eyes lit up and she turned so that Atsumu could see her.

"Thank you! But you know you didn't have to get me anything right?" She said and he waved her off as if to say how ridiculous that notion was.

She carefully opened the box to reveal a rose gold oval shaped locket with a beautiful design on the top. She gasped before opening it to reveal a picture of them.

"Oh my gosh Tsumi! It's so beautiful I love it." She felt tears welling up in her eyes and the setter chuckled pulling her closer.

"Well, I'm glad." He said before helping her put it on. She was in absolute awe of this boy. She couldn't believe how lucky she was to have someone like him.

"I hope yer having the best time." his hands ran up and down her arms gently caressing her skin and she had goosebumps from his touch.

"I'm having the perfect time." She hummed, leaning back further into him. They fit against each other's bodies so perfectly it was like they were made for each other.

Even though the fireworks were loud, Atsumu listened to the dark haired girls breathing. He was overwhelmed with how much this girl meant to him that he just couldn't contain himself.

"I want to be with ya forever Zume-chan." His cheeks had flushed red, and she tensed. Her head whipping around to look at him and he hurriedly looked away after seeing the shocked look on her face.

'Oh man! What kinda idiot confesses that at 17! She's going to think I'm an idiot!' But it wasn't a lie what he had said. He loved her with every bit of him to the point he felt that he would die if he didn't have her in his life.