Chapter 29: The Death of a God

Start from the beginning

I watched the Piglin tribe celebrate and dance around a large bonfire while I ate my food. It was nice to see them happy, I only hoped that we could help them with their problem. "You're overthinking.", chuckled Techno. My eyes met with his before I sighed, sometimes I wondered if the voices told him what I was doing in my head. "No, they never tell me anything you think about.", reassured my husband. A laugh escaped me before I leaned against him, he carefully took my plate and placed me in his lap. "Those two fit in anywhere.", chuckled Techno, pointing at Wilbur and Tommy. My brothers were busy dancing around the bonfire, Wilbur learning the moves with Regnar while Tommy danced with Beras and Brynhilda. "Those two will be my end.", I giggled. Techno chuckled before placing his chin on my head, he hummed softly to the tune of the music that the piglins were playing. My eyes closed as I also began to listen to the music, the laughter, and the crackling of the fire that brought peace to my mind as I fell asleep. 

When I opened my eyes, I was snuggled against Techno. I carefully removed myself from his warmth and yawned, my eyes scanned the area to see that many of the Piglins were fast asleep. A familiar pair of brothers caught my eye as they were sitting side by side, Wilbur protectively covering Tommy from anyone's view with his wing. I giggled before walking over to them, their faces had soot and berry juice on them. "You two grew up so fast...", I whispered before cleaning them up with a spell. I heard footsteps behind me and turned to see Beras, she smiled and nodded at me. A beautiful red blanket in her arms caught my attention. I quietly walked over and pointed at the bundle, the girl smiled before leaning forward to show me her child. "He's beautiful.", I whispered. Beras giggled before her son opened his eyes, he had a gold eye and blue eye like his grandfather. We walked to a less crowded area before she told me all about the child's father, who was a human. "Michael... My baby is Michael.", she said, proudly handing me the infant. "It's a beautiful name, Beras. I promise to help you guys with this problem so Michael can live a long life with all of you.", I smiled as I carried the child. 

Once everyone was ready, we headed out to find where the Wither Skeletons could be. Tommy waved at Beras and the others that had stayed, before catching up with me. "Did you see her child, Sister? He was quite grand, wasn't he?", grinned Tommy. I laughed before nodding, baby Piglins were quite a sight and even if that child was half-human, he would have a higher chance at survival around these parts of the Nether. "When we get rid of these skeletons, we can come to visit everyone again.", I said. Tommy cheered before running over to Wilbur and telling him the big news. "He really liked his first visit to the Nether, didn't he?", smirked Techno as he handed me his sword. I nodded and told him that it was like that for me as well. A shout made us all turn before a Piglin blew a horn, a signal of an attack. "Ambush!!!", shouted Regnar. Techno cursed under his breath before calling my brothers by our side. "An ambush?! Wither Skeletons don't plan ambushes, right?!", exclaimed Tommy, preparing his sword. 

Hundreds of Wither Skeletons appeared by the dozens, jumping down from higher ground all around us. "Watch out!", I shouted and pushed everyone. A few had jumped down to attack Tommy and Wilbur, I could hear Regnar command his people to change and protect us. Techno and Wilbur had been moved to the side together while Tommy was now paired with me. "Better show me how good of a Captain you are!", I grinned and begin to attack the creatures. Tommy laughed before joining me, most of the creatures turned to dust while others seemed to be a bit of a hassle. A shadow caught my eye, it was a cloaked figure. They moved in between the creatures with ease while heading towards someone. My breath stopped as I saw a wither sword in their gloved hand. "Tommy! There's an assassin within the creatures!", I shouted before destroying another Wither Skeleton. He nodded before we made our way to Techno and Wilbur, I could see them fighting hard against the creatures along with the Piglins. The cloaked figure was now behind Techno, I shouted as my husband turned. Everything was going in slow motion as the figure thrust their sword towards my husband's chest. My heart stopped as blood soaked the sword and fell onto the red soil of the Nether. My eyes couldn't believe what I was seeing, the fall of a God was happening right before me and all I could do was look into a pair of golden-colored eyes looking at me and Tommy. 

"No... Amx, you can't punish us like this..."

Apologies for errors
Hope you enjoyed, as always
Thanks for

*Reading
*Voting
*Commenting
*Following
*Adding this to your Reading list

Have a good morning/day/afternoon/evening/night!

*~ TØP RAVEN ~*