V2: Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

Aaron stood, but froze when the doors opened and in walked Kendra, appearing to not be in pain, but when she took hesitant steps into the room, she grimaced. "I will not let them sentence Vance to death."

Aaron moved and aided her. "You need to stay in bed until you have fully recovered."

Kendra shook her head. "How can I when I know what will happen if we don't find whoever is behind this in time...Interrogate Fey. If she has nothing to hide, she won't refuse." Kendra's eyes flashed amber. "I will not let anyone ruin the life of any of our pack mates."

Aaron cupped her face in his hands. "Love, please. You aren't helping at all. You need to recover fully before--"

She jerked away. "I'm fine."

When Ann walked into the office, she paused for a moment before saying. "They took Vance."

The second Kendra tried to exit the office, Jackson appeared beside her. Lana hesitated when Kendra glanced at her, clearly expecting her to have her back. "You need to stay."

When the air began to blow in all directions, Lana raised her hand, concentrating in her gift to managed to calm the angry wind. Kendra glanced at her, stunned but said nothing as she exited the office, her mates following right behind. 

Lana sprinted after them. "Kendra, wait!"

Kendra was no different than any other alpha. No matter how hurt they were, they would never dare sit back and rest while everyone else fought. In battle, they lead their packs.

Jackson stopped her from exiting the house, a snarl escaping his lips. "I will not make the same mistake twice!" Jackson ran his hands through his hair before stepping closer to Kendra, placing his evident quivering hands on her shoulders. "You need to stay here to recover from your wounds."

Aaron was beside her within seconds, injecting her with what Lana assumed was a sedative since now, the doctor of the pack stood feet from them, concern evident in his brown eyes. Aaron picked Kendra up in bridal style and vanished. Jackson seemed in a struggle within before meeting Lana's gaze. 

Annabel exited the house, followed by Ann. For a moment, Lana hesitated, doubting that she could be of any help, but she too followed everyone else out of the house. After they arrived at the other pack's territory, they were all lead into a large room where all member's of this pack were discussing the fate of the one they held captive by silver chains that vanished into the floor.

Lana moved, but Aaron grabbed her hand. Annabel was the one to simply clear her throat and gain everyone's attention. The room fell silent as all eyes were on them. 

"I thought we had evolved beyond such means of punishment, Kane." Annabel stepped closer, chin held high.

Kane glared at her. "The stories of the women have been confirmed."

Aaron grabbed Lana's forearm and pulled her until they stood in front of the large crowd. "Where is this mind reader?"

A woman stepped forward, head bowed. "I am, my prince."

"Read her memoires..."

Lana glanced at Aaron with wide eyes before staring at the hand of the woman. With hesitation, she placed her hands over the woman's. She could feel the tickle in her head from the woman searching. A scream tore through Lana's lips as the memory of that night played in her mind. The woman jerked away, shaking her head. "It can't be true."

"What did you see, Monique?" Kane asked.

Monique hesitated. "I saw your son assaulting her."

Kane's eyes grew wide. "Impossible."