༒ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 74༒

Start from the beginning

In a swift movement he took you into his arms. Hugging you close, basking in your warmth and love that you had to offer for the world, once more. 

A blessing. That's what you were in his eyes. 

A blessing that he had the chance to keep. He wanted to try his hardest with you and that's what he did. 

Hand in hand, you both were walking down the streets, as he asked you where you wanted to have your first stop at. You were a bit... sad.. that Koko thought the only way to get you to forgive him was by spoiling you with materialistic things and not his attention and care. 

After noticing your silence, he halted, worry lacing his face as he asked, "Is... is something wrong?", to which you genuinely asked, "Do you want to buy me?" 

The question caught him completely off-guard, not sure if he heard you right. 

"I said.. do you want to buy me? I just wanna point out, that Money, won't mend things between us. You're trying to buy me and I don't like that!" 

He visibly paled before clearing his throat. Taking your other free hand in his hand, "I'm not! I swear. We can just.. just... I don't know", he said defeated. 

If there was one thing Koko had trouble with, was doing things without money. All he ever knew was money and his delinquent life. "You know.. we can just walk, enjoy the weather and the city. We don't have to go shopping and stuff. I like to be spoiled but.. I rather be spoiled with attention and care, you know..", you pointed out. 

He nodded his head understandingly and let you guide him. His grip on your hand tight as he was kissing your knuckles, keeping you close. "tell me something about yourself", he suddenly said, looking at you as you both walked comfortably through the busy streets of Tokyo. 

"hmm.. anything specific thing you want to know?", you looked back at him, making him think for a second before asking, "Favorite cake?", "cheesecake! Especially the creamy once!", "Have you ever tried Japanese Cheesecake?", "No, I haven't! Is it good?", "It's amazing. We should get it.. ehm.. one day!", he smiled, making you smile back at him. 

"We should! What's your favorite cake?", you suddenly asked back. 

Koko honestly never thought about it and if he was being honest, he never really had a favorite Cake.. well.. until now, "I would say, Cheesecake as well!", he grinned at you. 

A chuckle escaping your lips as you bumped your shoulder against his, "then let's eat our favorite cake one day together, yeah?", "would love to." "Okay, next question! What's your hobby?", "I used to love fortune telling", he laughed, making you perk up and giggle, "really? Tell me my fortune then!" 

He lifted your hand and opened your palm, pretending to read it. 

"You're gonna marry a rich, handsome man who will love you dearly!", he said, nodding his head in acknowledgment as you bursted out laughing. 

"Sure will do! Are you sure it's not a woman I will marry one day?", you pointed out, making him shook his head, "no no, there's clearly a sign of a rich man!", making you laugh some more.

"Do you perhaps... see his name?", "It starts with a K, I can clearly see that and a H in his name", you gasped, "Kakucho?!", "What?! No!", "no?", "No~", he whined, pulling you towards himself. "You little brat", he huffed out, before nuzzling your cheek with his nose, tickling you. You laughed as you tried to escape his grip, jumping a few feet away from him before turning around and walking backwards.

"Be careful or you gonna bump into someone", he said as he extended his arm out, in case you fall. "next question!", you beamed, dismissing his comment. He sighed, letting out a smile as he thought of the next question. "Do you like the beach?", "mh, yeah, i guess. It's pretty but I can't swim so I usually don't go!", "You can't?", "nope", you said, popping the p.

"I love swimming", "you should teach me then!", "of course, can't have you drowning when we go on vacation!", he laughed. 

You just shrugged your shoulders, "wouldn't be the first time it almost happened", "wait what?", he looked at you in shock, "I tried to learn it but I kept drowning, had to be pulled out several times", you laughed in response. He shook his head, already dreading the day you two would actually go to the beach or even use the swimming pool. Koko wasn't one to pray but he knew that he probably had to when he was with you.

The day went on like this, you asking silly questions and him answering them as he in return also asked you silly little questions. Getting to know each other better and better. 

He was glad. 

Glad that you gave him a second chance. Glad that he was getting to actually know you. Hearing all your favorite things that enriched you. Even if it was something simple like taking a nap cuddled up beside your cat or finishing a painting in the middle of the night. Making one mental note after another from every info he got from you. Soaking it in and making a mental 'grocery list' of all the things he would get you. Like paint and canvases. Fluffy pillows for you and your cat. A piece of cheesecake everyday after work. Occasionally throwing in a chocolate milkshake as it was your favorite drink. 

All those little things that would make you happy and satisfy your needs. 

After a while he had his arm wrapped around your shoulder, the sun going down as the cold breeze came up. Hugging you tight to his body as he shook of his jacket and threw it around you. "We should head home!", he said making you nod, though you weren't sure if you should actually go back to Kokos or rather stay at Kakuchos as you decided to keep some sort of distance towards Koko. 

Yeah, the day went great after everything that had happened in the morning.. yet you knew that it wasn't a process that was done and finished in a few hours. 

Koko still needed time, if he wanted to admit it or not. 

"Can you drive me to Kakuchos?", "what?", he immediately halted, his arm leaving your body, instantly feeling the cold breeze and the lack of warmth next to you. 

"I would like to stay at Kakuchos", you said rather firmly, locking eyes with him. "What do you mean? I thought-", "Koko, today was amazing. Honestly! But, I would still like to stay at Kakuchos. I think this 'distance' will do us good!", you said. "Also, you don't have to worry about me. I'm gonna be fine!", "(Y/N)", "Let's hang out tomorrow, yeah?", he reluctantly nodded his head as he watched you smile at him. 

A smile he really didn't want to disappear again. 

With that said, he drove you towards Kakuchos Apartment, telling you to keep the jacket until tomorrow before driving back to his. 

He obviously wasn't happy about that but who was he to force you to stay with him. He understood that you were probably still mad or upset about everything, despite you showing that you were fine. He still didn't even know how you found out about Akane. You telling him he sleep talks doesn't answer all the questions. It made him wonder what he exactly talks in his sleep. How often had he called out to his dead love? He was genuinely afraid to know. Maybe after all, it was better to never know.