Chapter Four.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell me you were suicidal?!" Tom was in Nathan's hospital room, after Nathan told him where he was.

"Just shut it! I don't need a big brother!" Nathan shouted back.

Tom sat on the chair next to him, "But you do. I've been like a brother for you for years, you should've fucking told me."

Nathan turned away from him. "Go away Tom."

"Nathan..." Tom whispered, in a lighter tone.

"He told you to go away." Jay finally spoke, from the other side of Nathan's bed.

Tom stood up, "and who the fuck are you?! What are you doing in his room."

Jay rolled his eyes. "For your information; I am the guy who fucking saved your 'brother's life. So you better respect me."

"You won't have a fucking life when I'm done with you." Tom responded - letting his temper get the worst of him.

"oOh I'm sO sCared" Jay laughed, mocking him.

"Let me speak!" Nathan screamed. Making both of the men jump - both completely forgetting he was in the room.

Nathan faced in Tom's direction. "Tom, can I stay with you? Now I've been kicked out."

Tom let out an awkward laugh, scratching the back of his neck. "Uhh.. about that."

Nathan raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"I kinda let Kelsey and her best friend stay... so there would be no room for you. Sorry."

"Oh." Nathan croaked, before Jay had an idea.

"You can stay with me! I live in a four-bedroom apartment. I have two other roommates, but they'd love you." Jay beamed.

Nathan thought about it. The company would be nice, and maybe he won't be as alone.

"I'd like that. Thanks." He smiled back. If he turned to Tom's direction, he would've seen the burning jealousy. Luckily for Jay's sake, he didn't.

•••

as Nathan woke up he realised what day it was - the day he was going to be discharged from the hospital. He looked around, disappointed that he was the only one in the room.

Resting on his bedside table, were a bouquet of flowers, with a letter attached.

Nathan ignored the flowers and picked up the letter flowers are feminine, Nathan. Don't touch them. He thought to himself.

He felt the material of the letter. A smooth golden spiral. He pulled it open and read it.

Hiya Nath,
sorry i couldn't stay overnight, wasn't allowed, once opening hours start then i'll be here. promise - Jay xxx

Nathan smiled at the letter. It was weird having someone actually caring.

About ten minutes later, Jay came running in. Ecstatic that he was awake. "Morning!!"

"Morning Jay." Nathan smiled, getting up from his bed.

The boys signed Nathan out and off they were. Out of the hospital.

They walked across the carpark, as Jay looked for  his car. It didn't take them long to find it. It was just a small blue car. Jay unlocked it before pulling open the passenger door for him.