Luna Love- MLP Fanfic

Chapter One:

Taking a walk around Canterlot, Luna was ignoring everypony's disapproving, judgemental stares. Ever since she had come back from the moon as Nightmare Moon and was returned to her normal self, ponies either cowered, screamed, or give her dirty looks. She had grown used to it, though, it hurt her feelings. The only few ponies who treated her normal, (normal for a princess that is), were Celestia, the royal guards, and Twilight Sparkle.

Walking over to a park bench, she daydreamed. She missed when she and her sister would play a fillies. As silly as it may sound, she still wanted somepony to play with. Somepony to goof around with, to be herself. She wanted a friend. An idea struck her, 'Ill go visit Twilight! She's always supportive.'

As usual, landing in Ponyville, she sent pony cowering under tables and benches, (including Pinkie Pie).

"You still got it Luna. You sure know how to clear a crowd," she muttered to herself. Walking up to Twilight's tree/house/library, Luna tapped lightly on her door. Any other pony would have not heard it or seen who it was and pretended that they weren't home while they hid under the couch. Twilight on the other hoof, warmly welcomed Luna in and opened her home to her. Luna felt very grateful for Twilight's friendship.

After they talked for awhile, Luna asked, "Would you like to go see a movie or get lunch Twilight?"

"I'd love to!" Luna's heart rose, "Only, I have a LOT of work to do," Luna's heart sunk, "I have to write three reports and read twelve books by the end of this week for Princess Celestia. I'm just glad she was kind enough to cut me some slack this week! Last week was terrible..."

Not knowing what else to do with the rest of her day, she just flew gracefully above Ponyville looking at all the ponies going about their daily business and sight seeing. She saw many acres of apple trees and decided to rest in to cool grass and shade from the strong tree branches and leaves.

She must have dozed off because she was woke suddenly to a loud thumping. Looking in the direction it was coming from, she saw a big, red stallion bucking apples near by. He was very strong and fit. His untidy orange hair falling in front of his eyes every so often. A big green half an apple was his cutie mark. He was obviously an Apple family member, related to Applejack who defeated Nightmare Moon. She didn't want to be seen, thinking he was going to react the way everypony else does, and hid in an apple tree. He slowly made his way over to the tree she was concealed in and gave the tree a good kick. Luna was slipping. Hooves and balancing in tree branches don't mix. He gave the tree another good kick. Luna tumbled out of the tree, and onto the stallion's back. He sank a little under her unexpected weight, but not much. She could feel his hard muscles rippling beneath her. He turned and looked at Luna, who was still on his back.

"H-Hello," Luna began. He said nothing and just stared, "I'm sorry, I just dozed off in your orchard here. It's so peaceful and quiet. Beautiful, really." He still said nothing. "Your not mad at me are you? I didn't mean to fall asleep..."

"Nnoope," he finally spoke.

"Oh! That's good. Well, I'll just be going no-OW!" Luna yelped as she slid off of the stallion's back. She had sprained her left wing and ankle from landing funny on it. Without a word, the stallion put his head under her rib cage and slid he back onto his back. She felt kind of silly, but she appreciated his kindness. Since she could neither walk or fly, she lay there as if getting a ride from a big brother. (Well, he was a younger, big brother who was actually currently older than Luna in her physical state but she is thousands of years old. Yeah, it's confusing....)

After at least ten minuets of of walking, they arrived at a very cozy looking barn fixed up to be a house as well. The stallion nudged the double door open. Inside had all sorts of warm colors, (unlike the palace), and smelled of apple pie.

"Oh, there ya are Big Mac, I was wonderin' if you could-er-uh... What's on yer back?" Applejack inquired. Big Mac turned slightly, displaying Luna.

"Oh sweet Celestia!" Applejack jumped back and gasped. "I mean, er... Big Mac, what in tar nations are you doing with a pony on yer back? And not just a pony, a princess?" Applejack came over to Luna and Big Mac. "Well, it's an honor to have a princess in our barn. Are ya hungry? Supers almost ready," Applejack started to head to the kitchen, but turned back around. She looked at Luna and then at Big Mac. Luna got the hint.

"Oh! Right, sorry," she said as slid of his back and onto the floor. Landing on her hoof made her cringe.

Applejack rounded on Big Mac, "Well why didn' ya tell me she was hurt!" Big Mac rolled his eyes as if it was obvious because Luna was on his back. Applejack came over to my other side and they helped me onto the couch. Big Mac disappeared behind the couch. Luna gasped, startled by the sudden jerking of the couch as it was being pushed to the dining room table. Now she felt really silly. Big Mac then pushed a rocking chair over to the table.

Applejack came into the dinning room balancing five glasses,plates, and silverware sets and set them on the table. She headed back into the kitchen and came back with a pile of hayburgers, corn on the cob and butter, and some red skinned mashed potatoes. She poured apple juice in all five glasses. It look wonderful and smelled even better. Luna's stomach gave a rumble.

"Applebloom! Grannysmith! Suppers ready!" Applejack yelled and sat in a chair next to Luna and Big Mac sat in a chair across from Luna. A very old mare, whom Luna guessed was Grannysmith, came hobbling into the dining room and sat next to Big Mac in her rocking chair not even noticing they had company. Last came a little filly running noisily down the stairs. She ran over to the dining table but skidded to a halt as she realized her seat was next to a stranger. Not saying anything, she slowly got into her seat.

"Now, as y'all see, we have company. I want y'all to treat her with respect and kindness. She is a princess after all," Applebloom's eyes widened and she gave Luna a sideways glance, "Alright then, now that that's covered, lets eat!"

...

"Goodnight my Cutie Mark Crusader. Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite," Applejack nuzzled Applebloom and kissed her forehead goodnight. Luna remembered when Celestia used to do something similar.

Applejack came over to Luna next who was sharing a bad with Applebloom.

"Goodnight sugar cube. See you in the mornin'," Applejack said with a smile and quietly walked out and shut the door.

Luna lay there being happier than she had in a long time. Complete strangers showing her hospitality. They put her wing in a sling and wrapped up her hoof. She wasn't allowed to sleep on her injured side which was hard because that was the side she preferred. She fell asleep quickly and easily.